brakes feel grumbly at low speed [Archive] - CORSA-D|UK

: brakes feel grumbly at low speed

CR57OFR
07-06-2009, 22:09
:wave:when im slowing to a complete stop the brakes feel bit grumbly if u know what i mean and theres a slight vibration from them through the pedal and the deceleration is a bit un even despite consistant braking pressure

thought it might be a build up on the discs so i did an emergency stop from 80mph to clean the discs but the grumblyness is still there

:x

please help

thomas mitchell
07-06-2009, 22:24
i have this its really annoying, i get loads of rust too, it build up overnight ****es me off hahaha!!!

TJ
07-06-2009, 22:57
:wave:when im slowing to a complete stop the brakes feel bit grumbly if u know what i mean and theres a slight vibration from them through the pedal and the deceleration is a bit un even despite consistant braking pressure

thought it might be a build up on the discs so i did an emergency stop from 80mph to clean the discs but the grumblyness is still there

:x

please help

Ok here we go read the list below it could help you out.

Brake Compound - VXL used the wrong compound in the corsa D pads causes sqeeking and a grinding sensation at low speed braking.
ABS - The ABS will kick in on hard braking as you probably know, this is relayed to the driver and a grinding sound and vibrating pedal.
Warped Disc(s) - Depending how you brake and how you wore the brakes in has a significant effect on how your brakes function in the future. Did/Do you brake hard/late alot this will cause a warped disc and you would feel this through the steering wheel and brake pedal as a vibration

CR57OFR
07-06-2009, 23:00
i thought it might be warped discs but no movement in the steering when braking

even when im slowing gently it feels like abs is kicking in

Dan Lioneye
08-06-2009, 18:33
Rubbish brake pads, happens to all Corsa Ds so you just have to live with it unfortunately. Mine used to sound like the linings had worn right through and the pads were metal-to-metal when the car had only done 2000 miles.