Astra hidden menu [Archive] - CORSA-D|UK

: Astra hidden menu

paul-04
19-11-2009, 17:06
Hi. A friend of mine has just got a new car (Astra 08 plate) and I was telling him about the corsa menu,where you pull both the wiper and indicator stalks back and hold gets you into the menu so you can change things.
Is there anything like this on the astra, he wants the doors to lock as you drive away, and also just to unlock the drivers door when you press the remote to open the doors

Viper
19-11-2009, 17:36
Being a member of the Astras Owners Network Club I can safely say there is no such feature or hidden menu to change like the corsas have. :yes:

On the early build Astras you could hold down the central locking button on the dash and it would then activate the anti-hijack feature, but they stopped this due to "safety" reasons....

Berni_SXi
19-11-2009, 17:39
I didnt realise there was a hidden menu on the corsa.

Shows how much I have to learn!

paul-04
19-11-2009, 17:40
Hi. Thanks Viper for the quick reply, and thanks for the info, will go let him know :)

paul-04
19-11-2009, 17:43
I didnt realise there was a hidden menu on the corsa.

Shows how much I have to learn!

this is how you get the menu on the corsa(and what it does)

Turn the key to II then back to 0.
Leaving the key in, pull the indicator stalk and the wiper stalk towards you, at the same time, hold for 5 sec.
It should beep then P1 should come up on the dials.
Push indicator stalk down to scroll through- up to P7.
The following is a list of what each of the P numbers stand for :-
1. Welcome lights, off/on - headlights, rear light & reg plate lights come on when you unlock car
2. Auto Rear wiper, off/on - rear wiper starts when you have front wipers on and you put it into reverse
3. Touch control for indicators, off/on - 3 flashes instead of constant flashing when you half press indicator up or down
4. Automatic door & tailgate locking, off/on - doors lock when you reach about 10mph
5. Separate driver door unlocking, off/on - one press opens all the doors, boot and fuel flap when switched off
6. Speed limiter warning, off/speed - either switched off or comes on when you go over the selected speed
7. Warning tones volume, 1-5, volume of the the indicator beeps

Berni_SXi
19-11-2009, 17:51

If it wasnt raining, i'd go and mess about with it lol!
Something for the weekend

Pauly-c-
19-11-2009, 18:02
cheers i didnt no this just mess about with it cheer paul top info der :)

Missing_pilot
19-11-2009, 19:29
try that every time i have a corsa hire car and it never works :(

Though there is a test menu where you can get to in the astra if you have a 3 line display or GID or CID where tells you lots of interesting stuff.. like engine temp etc!

c11r15
20-11-2009, 08:50
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/272417-astra-h-test-mode-service-menu.html

this might be what you mean?

paul-04
21-11-2009, 05:48
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/272417-astra-h-test-mode-service-menu.html

this might be what you mean?

Hi, thanks for the link, just sent it to my mate so he can have a look

Jim SXi
22-11-2009, 09:55
this is how you get the menu on the corsa(and what it does)

Turn the key to II then back to 0.
Leaving the key in, pull the indicator stalk and the wiper stalk towards you, at the same time, hold for 5 sec.
It should beep then P1 should come up on the dials.
Push indicator stalk down to scroll through- up to P7.
The following is a list of what each of the P numbers stand for :-
1. Welcome lights, off/on - headlights, rear light & reg plate lights come on when you unlock car
2. Auto Rear wiper, off/on - rear wiper starts when you have front wipers on and you put it into reverse
3. Touch control for indicators, off/on - 3 flashes instead of constant flashing when you half press indicator up or down
4. Automatic door & tailgate locking, off/on - doors lock when you reach about 10mph
5. Separate driver door unlocking, off/on - one press opens all the doors, boot and fuel flap when switched off
6. Speed limiter warning, off/speed - either switched off or comes on when you go over the selected speed
7. Warning tones volume, 1-5, volume of the the indicator beeps

When you have done this ensure that you pull both stalks together again tillit beeps as this saves your preferences otherwise it just reverts back straight away.

Inglis
25-11-2009, 18:42
nice one lads never new about this .. :)

lukeneale
25-11-2009, 20:01
When you have done this ensure that you pull both stalks together again tillit beeps as this saves your preferences otherwise it just reverts back straight away.

What u mean pull them together? do u mean pull them towards u?

Olli_Sxi
25-11-2009, 20:24
What u mean pull them together? do u mean pull them towards u?

Yeah (as if flashing your lights and washing your front windscreen) but hold back.