My 2013 3DR 1.4 SRI - Page 2

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My 2013 3DR 1.4 SRI

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsStrange View Post
    Having some difficulty sourcing front discs and pads for a 1.4 SRI. Don't care so much if they are aftermarket, as long as they're decent. If anyone knows where I might get these, please let me know. Thanks. Not everywhere seems to even list this model. It's always the 1.6 SRI.
    Failing that, I'll end up getting supply and fit quotes elsewhere.
    The 1.4 sri discs and pads are the same size as all 1.2/1.4 4stud which is 257mm x 22mm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for this information. Much appreciated.

These?
    Discs:
    http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/...93197241N.html
    Pads:
    http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/...tml#a93169174N
    or should I go for an 'improvement/upgrade' on Vauxhall parts? I confess to knowing very little about brakes.

Edit: The above are in fact non-Vauxhall parts
    So how about these?
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...bosch-calipers
    other alternatives welcomed.
    Last edited by LifeIsStrange; 31-01-2017 at 12:43.

Although, on 2nd inspection they do say 256mm. Hmm..

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

The above standard will be fine, wouldn't really bother going for sports discs from demon tweeks, I did once on my c and they weren't very good. 257 or 256 would be fine.

Oh, ok thanks. I'm going to get a supply & fit price tomorrow elsewhere, so I'll weight up my options.

Oh, ok thanks. I'm going to get a supply & fit price tomorrow elsewhere, so I'll weight up my options.
    Have you got any good local garages nearby? If so try them.

Yeah, I've got a couple of smaller places nearby. I'll see what they'd charge to supply and fit and to fit if i get them myself. Hope to get done in the next 2-3 weeks.

After spending all day getting quotes from 5 local garages.. (three in person and two phoned)
    Cars booked in next week for discs, pads, change fluid and a clean of the rear brakes. £190 all up.
    Definitely pays to shop around.

Sorry, not the best photo. P***ing rain today. Didn't feel like hanging around.
    But my aerial arrived and I put it on. Lets hope somebody doesn't nick it. I broke the spanner putting it on tight enough.

Smart aerial, I have same.

Quote Originally Posted by corsa sri ant View Post
    Smart aerial, I have same.
    Did you use any of the spacers? (I didn't) I'm beginning to wish I'd used the smaller one but I don't want to try taking it back off now as I've put it on so tight. Oh well.

Cars in the garage for brakes today. Was told the pads were still 60% life on them which was strange as the dealer told me otherwise. Figured I'd still get them done now with everything else rather than do at a later date.

Did you use any of the spacers? (I didn't) I'm beginning to wish I'd used the smaller one but I don't want to try taking it back off now as I've put it on so tight. Oh well.

Cars in the garage for brakes today. Was told the pads were still 60% life on them which was strange as the dealer told me otherwise. Figured I'd still get them done now with everything else rather than do at a later date.
    All I did was use the m5 Thread bolt, then tighten as much as I could with the tool provided. Mine came from Halfords.

Quote Originally Posted by corsa sri ant View Post
    All I did was use the m5 Thread bolt, then tighten as much as I could with the tool provided. Mine came from Halfords.
    Oh i see. Mine came with a couple different sized spacers, like washers in case it didn't screw down tight enough. I'm sure it's fine.

Got the car back. Brakes are great. Huge improvement. No grinding noises.
    Although, not entirely sure what "Handbrake was wound up on arrival" means exactly.
    Anyway, no more advisory items. Everything the main dealer pointed out has now been done. Just need to save a bit now for some mods.

Glad you got car back and all sorted.

Time for mods now.

Haven't done a lot since I last wrote. Rather than mods right now, I'm concentrating on making the whole car look better as-is.
    Getting alloys refurbed soon (they were bad when I bought the car) and in couple weeks booked to have paintwork scratches attended to. Also front fog surrounds painted black and chrome grill painted same colour as car.
    Will post photos once this is all done.
    In the meantime, cleaned up exhaust tip today. Was more baked and stubborn than I first thought. Bit of (soft grain) wire wool and silvo did the trick. Not perfect, but miles better than it was.

£65/wheel seems pretty expensive to me for the alloys refurb (all-inclusive mind you). But I've heard some horror stories with other places who, previously were highly recommended, painting over rust and such.
    If anyone knows any reputable alternate places in Central Belt/East Central Scotland, please let me know. Thanks.

Exhaust looks so much better, I did the same with mine.

I swear I'm jinxed, or at least this car is.
    Went to open my door today and it flew open with the wind. Slammed against the neighbors harled wall causing £400 damage to my door. Great.
    Looks like that's the alloy wheel refurb shelved indefinitely.

Despite the extra cost I've incurred regarding the paintwork, (happening soon) still managed to get my alloys done.
    Really liked this gunmetal colour rather than match the existing. Pleased with the result.

yes the wheels look ace in the colour

Quote Originally Posted by ffrs1444 View Post
    yes the wheels look ace in the colour
    yeah, thanks. just wanted something a bit different. my description of what colour i wanted and how they turned out couldn't have been better. well chuffed.
    i'm just extra paranoid now.

Really like the colour, suits your 'D'.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information