corsa d coolant reservoir tank top pipe ?

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: corsa d coolant reservoir tank top pipe ?

corsa d coolant reservoir tank top pipe ?

coolant leaking, on my Corsa D 1.2 LE,

what is the pipe called that is attached to top of coolant reservoir tank and connected near to the engine on the side,

how do i take this coolant pipe off near the engine side, does it just clips on? and to put it back on do i need to use anything?

Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ahm007 View Post
    coolant leaking, on my Corsa D 1.2 LE,

what is the pipe called that is attached to top of coolant reservoir tank and connected near to the engine on the side,

how do i take this coolant pipe off near the engine side, does it just clips on? and to put it back on do i need to use anything?

Regards
    It will be just be called your coolant hose pipe. If you call vauxhall they will be able to give you a part number for it or you can just describe where it is and they can order it in for you. To get undone u need to merely unhook as it's, so get a flat head screw driver and push in flat and then it upwards as if ur turning in a screw. I would recommend getting an easier clip then that one. They do one where they tighten via a screwdriver. If you type I hose clip or jubilee clip on Google you will see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Okay, will try speaking with vauxhall, thanks

yeah i was thinking the same to get the easier clips such as jubilee clips, but would it be okay to use them on those type of pipes, wouldn't the coolant leak through or damage the coolant pipe?

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

For me it's not the type of club it's the tightness that if gives. You could always by the easier clips and do a quick test by seeing how tight the old one get on a piece old pipe and see if you can tighten the easier clip to the same tightness. But tbh u could also always try the new clips and tighten down. Run car and test for leaks which u wid do anyway . If it does leak then u have ur answer and of u put a pan underneath u can just reuse coolant or buy fresh. But I would worry top much as long as they ate jubilee clips made for engine hoses you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by everson38 View Post
    For me it's not the type of club it's the tightness that if gives. You could always by the easier clips and do a quick test by seeing how tight the old one get on a piece old pipe and see if you can tighten the easier clip to the same tightness. But tbh u could also always try the new clips and tighten down. Run car and test for leaks which u wid do anyway . If it does leak then u have ur answer and of u put a pan underneath u can just reuse coolant or buy fresh. But I would worry top much as long as they ate jubilee clips made for engine hoses you should be fine

But also if the old clips are not too bad to get off. I would take it off and then try test taking on and off via and old piece of garden hose of something of similar diameter and once u get it down then might as well go with what works. I have the more difficult clips on my grande punto everywhere but with the right tool they are pretty to get on and off so I would probably stick in that case.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information