Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Fuel light flashes, how many miles?

146K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SxiDave 
#1 ·
Evening all!

When the fuel light comes on how many miles before it starts to flash, and then from when it flashes until when its empty, how many miles is this?

Just a rough idea would be great. Thanks everyone!

PS: Its -4 outside!

#5 ·
I have only seen mine flashing once a couple of week ago, I did about 10 very nervous miles on the motorway to get to petrol, according to the gauge when I got to the petrol station I had nothing left, took about 6 miles for the petrol I had just put in to register on the gauge.

#6 ·
Not a good idea really to let it go that far but i have been guilty of that on many an occasion, i agree with Tam with the diesel as i have done about 30-35 miles with it flashing.
I needed to change my underwear afterwards though! :sick:

#10 ·
In my brother's 2009 1.2l petrol Corsa (when the fuel light just started to flash), we travelled 32 miles on the motorway (steady 60mph) & another 2 miles of town driving to the petrol station!
I've been informed that a flashing fuel light means you have 1 gallon (4.5 litres) of fuel remaining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.