Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Clio 172 Cup

10K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  N0ddie 
#1 ·
Thought I'd do a bit of a project thread for the clio as things are starting to change slowly.

Quick story on how I ended up with her - I drive 90 Miles round trip a day to work and owning a Corsa VXR was making me poor. So ordered another D, but a 1.7cdti SE model to do the work run. With the derv going to be quite boring I wanted something nippy for the weekend. So out with the 1994 Mini and in with a Clio 172 cup!

already had a carbon splitter and a K-Tec sport hidden exhaust.

so far:
New JBL speakers all round,
Damn good clean, paint restorer and polish.
Yellow front and rear diamonds
Yellow side bullets.
satin black calipers
New discs and pads all round
12 months MOT

Cheeky one of the vxr

Plans:
Wheel refurb in yellow with blue diamonds
JMS airbox kit
K-Tec engine mounts
New headunit (prob go for low end alpine)
rear tints
coilovers

eventually aiming for:
182 manifold with decat
K-tec Supersport hidden exhaust.
JMS matched inlets
JMS remap with over-run

See less See more
#8 ·
pow converted!

what brakes you got on by the way?
Nothing special, just delphi sport ones.
If I had just had to do the fronts I probably would have gone brembo but cudnt afford them with doing the rear ones and bearings to and needed them quick for the mot. But tbh I aint that fussed really.

They are worn in now and my god that thing can stop. Seems to pull on your face! Although not liking how far the front end dips when you really slam them on.

#15 ·
Less than a month now till the VXR will be going :(

On the clio front though - the next progress bits seem to be taking their time :(
Have a set of tempoary wheels while the others are getting refurbed but the guy who's refurbing them is away at the minute :(
Getting some prototype mounts/bushes test fitted next week (cant keep them yet as they not finished)
The induction system i want is still out of stock :(

Would have been a rubbish weekend if it werent for last night, out for a blast, met up with Charlie too and watched him disappear into the distance with my low ratio gearbox lol.

#17 ·
the JMS road one, seems to be the best setup without relocating the battery. Has a proven BHP gain and the graphs for it look ok, will be getting it mapped soon anyway.

Gonna save up and get the inlets match, remaped and coillys done at the same time all down at JMS. I had got hold of a 182 manifold, but its ball ache to fit and most people are saying you lose top end and gain lower down in the rev range. So it got sold on and gonna get a de-cat and straight through for the system I have now and go from there.

#21 ·
will polybush the dog bone as allegedly this one is the main culprit, then will just get oe parts for the rest. I wont use it enough to warrant forking out for the K-k-tec ones and unless your tracking it reguarly then it is said its not really worth it. Not sure what Kamsport are test fitting somekind of new mounts/bushes but they said they would do me a deal once the released.

The JMS one shows good gains 8-9 bhp for the road version and 10-11 for the race. Its basically a v6 box with a 90 degree hose to connect it a pipercross filter and a breather. They sell it as a kit they say they developed for £148 for the road and £188 for the race version.

#23 ·
eventually got a induction kit now, ended up getting a "pre-loved" one that had done less than 1000 miles for £120 so impressed with the little saving. Its sounds awsome, fit is pretty tight, needs a little tweak but ill do that when I get round to it.

Still waiting on getting the spare wheels to go and get my ones refurbed. Took the car to a dent place today to get a price for all the little carparking dents to be taken out as there is quite a few on each side and they wanted £200!! Since then I have become quite attached to my carpark damage and will be keeping the £200 in my pocket (or spending it on some coillys next month :D)

#26 ·
It needs engine mounts sooooon, just a case of me getting round to buyin them, OE mounts all round except the dogbone which will be poly'd, read to many horror stories of vibrating the driver to death.

Just waiting for the private plate to come back from the change over then getting 3/4 front plate to fit the recess and maybe a set of metal ones too for when Mr Plod takes offence

#28 ·
stuff starting to move again now!

The VXR is no more and has gone and am now rolling in the first 130ps corsa diesel in the country!
Got my mits on the temporary wheels for the clio and changing them over later ready for them to be refurbed!
New mid section is winging its way to me now too :)

Woop Woop

#32 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

Got a few more bits done now so thought I'd update :D

First the engine developed an annoying random mis-fire after replacing a bunch of stuff at my mates garage ended up going to renault for their computers, who replaced a dodgy injector.

While the injector was being done we fitted:
Ktec "group n" top engine mounts
powerflex lower rear gearbox mount
NGK platinum spark plugs
8mm blue Magnecor leads
Badges resprayed to match the MG trophy yellow wheels
straight through mid section fitted
and a cheeky service.

Finally got it back yesterday afternoon and fitted a new alpine head unit with the inline amplifer booster for the front speakers so they are now running 45wrms

Got some cheeky bits of 3M Di-Noc Carbon on its way and a custom anti-roll bar is being made at the moment.
Coillies are on hold again as the injector ate lots of the money for them :(

Anyway few piccys from a lil road trip last night

#35 ·
aint been on here for ageeees,

Done a little bit more on the cup so thought an update was in order..

The new anti roll bar is fitted and has improved the handling, also made a couple of more cosmetic adjustments, a cheeky TRS tow strap in yellow of course, the back seats now live in the garage and have been replaced with a rear strut brace which has been carefully painted YELLOW :)

Coillies are all booked as well so it will sit a lot nicer once they are fitted and setup correctly.

Had the 3m carbon on the door pillars but took it off as it looked toilet.

Bad news is she is possibly going in January depending on how much my insurance decides to drop. I have been tempted by my mates Scooby which he is doing work on at the moment and should be rolling at 360bhp ish when its finally put together. If my insurance is reasonable enough I maybe b making a purchase :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.