Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

headlight bulbs

16K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  pdim20 
#1 ·
anyone changed the headlight bulbs on the corsa d .i want to put the xenon ones in how easy or hard is it ,any tips,i changed a bulb in a ford ka last week and had to take half the front bumper off a few screws and take the whole light assembly out just to change a bulb

#11 ·
keith couldnt give me a link to some lights like yours could ya?

#13 ·
The new bright white ones

#15 ·
thanks man, they hard to install? They dont look blue do they? dont want to look like a chav.

#17 ·
good good. These worth buying?
Just got my car back yesterday because it was in for repairs :(
just looking for a few things to do to it.

#19 ·
Yeah. These are much better than my Xenon one's I had in before. Nice, and bright with white light, so it's easy to see. The full beams are so blinding, they're immense.

Keith was meant to help me fit some lights:(
Did you bring them on Saturday? :p
I did ask if you had your lights sorted, as I was gonna do them for you.
I forgot the MFD bulb's too. :(

#20 ·
cheers mate, just brought them.
Get them changed over as soon as they arrive :D

#22 ·
will 36mm festoon bulbs fit in the footwell lights?

#23 ·
Not so easy to fit with AFL! I gave up in the end rather than take out various components from my wifes 2 month-old car!

The handbook says "If your car has AFL, then due to the complexity of the procedure we recommend you take it to a workshop"!

Unbelievable for a headlight bulb, but there's just no way to replace the RHS bulbs without stripping. The dealer says it took an hour too install and align (dealer guide says half hour so they charged me that).

#24 · (Edited)
It really is tricky to figure out how to replace the bulbs.

RIGHT SIDE: you have to remove the airbox because it's really in the way. Remove the pipes from the airbox and then just pop the box upwards and sideways (there's a plug or two on the side). You won't break anything as it's held down by plastic plugs in rubber holders. Once it's out, remove the cap from the headlight, pull the bulb holder out and reassemble things going backwards. All done.

LEFT SIDE: seems far trickier, but it's actually a 5 minute job! First, remove the windshield washer fluid tube. Then remove the fuse box cover, take off the cap from the headlight. Now comes the nasty part: slide one hand in and GENTLY pull the plastic bulb holder/connector towards the other headlight until you feel it slowly pop out of its place. When it does, try to pull it out altogether, it should come out fairly easy. When it does, gently pull out the bulb from its place, but be careful as there is just enough cable to pull the bulb out in order to replace it. Put all back in its place and you're done!

And I agree, the plastic headlight caps were the biggest problem... don't be afraid to use some force to put them back in their place :lol:

#25 ·
just wanting to change the bulbs in my car, to xenon ones, but not sure which ones i need, Heres the link i tink ive got the right ones, but need yer help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....942953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1661wt_911

These look like they might b gd, i want them like my side lights, a tint of blue, but they need to be legal. Will this set change both my main beam and full beam? Do you recon they will be pretty bright? Cheers :)

#26 ·
I did it!!!!! yes, I did it!!!
After 2 hours and bloody fingers ,dehidration from sweating
and the worst lower back pain ,I succeded.
I just removed the air filter box, fuse box lid,
and at the end I even removed the bumper and entire headlight because I just could not
get the damn bulb in ,because of the fuse box in the way.
piece of cake, or should I say piece of s...
I cant wait to do this again when these new bulbs die.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.