Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

My D's Progress... The EcoTec!

30K views 441 replies 75 participants last post by  JaseWW 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gents,

Ive been a member on here for quite a while now and havent got around to making a progress thread atall so here it goes...

I (my Mum and Dad) got my D back in October 2008 ready for me to pass my test, i saw some nice VXR's at the garage but at the end of the day i only needed a small engine with low insurance and decent fuel consumption, here are a couple of pics after we got the car from the dealers (i got the private plate for my 17th birthday):

Then once the car was all mine... the mods began ;) I didnt want to try and make it all chavvy so at first i wanted some nice alloys (18" Dezent Motions in gloss black with a red lip) Then thats when the whole red on black theme began, heres the car after the de-badge, colour coded V-grill and the new alloys:

I was happy with the car like this for maybe... a week? :lol: I decided that it needed lowering and some of the more subtle mods like VXR indicator surrounds, red brake calipers/gloss black drums and Team HEKO wind deflectors, i took a couple more pics after they had been fitted:

and here it is after a good clean at the girlfriends house:

So then it lasted for another couple of weeks before i got bored of the front end, thats when the Irmy grill and the HID's came along, at first i was a little bit scared because i knew you had to cut the original grill out :\ Once i got started with a kitchen knife then i was flying :lol: Here are a couple of pics once the Irmy grill had been fitted:

and one of the 600k HID's... you cant see too well in daylight :(

Then the mods went a little quiet for a bit, there was the odd sticker here and there but nothing major, then i heard about Trax 2010, i wasnt sure wether to go or not but after some persuasion from a couple of people on here ;) i decided not to be a party pooper and to get myself down to Silverstone, obviously if your going to a car show then you need a new mod to show off, thats where the new coilovers came in handy, i went for the FK AK Streets cause i'd heard that theses were one of the best budget coilovers you could buy :) I got them fitted and then the driveshaft popped out, NIGHTMARE! Thankfully a guy from the AA came along and we managed to wrestle it back into place, then when i got home i decided to drop the coilovers most of the way down (100mm front, 80mm rear) the night/day before Trax came along and i gave the D one last clean before i set off for Silverstone, here are some of the pics i managed to get:

Then along came Trax, i enjoyed myself and it was nice to meet some real people instead of just seeing pics of their cars :lol: Here are a couple of cheeky shots Andy took down at Trax:

And thats as far as i have got at the moment :D

As you mightve guessed i dont tend to stick with the same mods for a long time so ive got some pretty serious plans coming up for the D, i know this is a huge list but bear in mind these arent all going to happen at once (im no millionaire unfortunately) :lol:

- Touch up peeling paint on front bumper
- Re-install double din touchscreen
- Piano black fascia
- Piano black steering wheel controls
- Window tints (either back 3 windows or all around)
- Tinted sunstrip/Vinyl customised sunstrip
- Insignia washer jets
- Red SMD/MFD/Footwell lights conversion
- Number plate LED kit
- De-wiper rear
- New aerial
- Upgrade all speakers inc. boot build
- VXR styling pack
- Improve stance of the car (10mm spacers to get some nice tuck under the arches)
- Piper 4:1 sports cat manifold
- Remap
- Fit subframe brace
- Red rear strut brace

I know that its one loooooong list but ill get there eventually, and its always easier when youve got a plan to follow :lol: If anyones got any other ideas of what i should/shouldnt do then let me know, its always good to hear peoples opinions incase one of my thoughts is crazy :cry: :lol: Hopefully ill be able to show you the different stages as i get everything done and then ill be able to make the mother of all progress threads :D But for now id better get saving :(

Thanks for looking :thumbs:
Jase

See less See more
#3 ·
I know mate tell me about it, i can think of a few things already that ive missed out on that list :lol: and theres a few things ive missed out on the progress thread too... like my Piper full system, air filter, silvatecs, xenon sidelights, tinted side repeaters :lol: :(

#8 ·
Howd you do the bit on ur lower grille for cold air ?
Cheers mate i like red & black ;) and i dont have the cold air feed there anymore that was just for when i had a cone filter, i just got a pipercross cold air feed and cut a hole in my front grill the pop it into, then worked it up behind the rad until it was right next to the cone filter, wasnt the best of set ups but it worked pretty well... cable ties FTW! :D haha

#21 ·
Cheers for the comments guys, means a lot when other people say they like your car :D :lol:

Update: I added my white LED number plate lights last night (thanks to warningace for them :thumbs:) Ill have to get some pics of them and my HIDs one night when it gets a bit darker

Need to start on the interior as soon as i get some more pocket money from work this month :)

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Quick little update for everyone,

I havent done much lately cause ive been away in Turkey but while i was away i spent £170+ fixing my car after Vauxhall ****ed up with my service and refused to sort it properly (so thats not the last theyve heard off me :lol:)

anyways the mods...

Rear brace (courtesy of flat2themat):

Forge sub frame brace:

and a nice little mod someone decided to give me in the leisure centre car park :x

Im gunna try and T-cut the worst of it away today and then see what it looks like after that, not a happy bunny to say the least

Hopefully ill get a bit more done to the car over the next couple of weeks as ive been savin some pennies :D

Rate/Slate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.