Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Frozen Windscreen :(

10K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  sedge 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to stop the Inside of my windscreen from freezing up?

I thought on new cars this shouldnt happen, but it does everyday!

#4 ·
if you open your windows for 5 minutes before the end of your journey the air inside the car will obviously be cold like the outside, therefore it wont cool down and freeze to your windscreen

its freezing because the air inside the car is warmer than the air outside (beacause of the heaters obviously) so when this cools, you get condensation, then you get ice

#20 ·
mine was doing it aswell. but found an idea for that. Mind You got a wee bags with small balls inside whch is absorbing a damp from air when You buy new trainers? (just an example) Well my misus working for bic electronic company and they got deliveries with silicon blocks. In the boxes are the same bag witha that small balls inside but alot bigger. two on a back and two under a seats and job's done. absorbing everything and works really well. Car probably is damp inside. There's a couple of reasons. Main is when U get Ur car mats they are absorbing every drop of water, snow and other s**t from Ur boots. When U turn a heater on (as I do aswell for legs) that starting water to evaporate and U got steamy windows inside. With connection with freezin temp's outsiedce U got frozen windows inside.

Sorry for boring post but i think it answered most questions. As someone said also helps when U turn heaters to cold short before U end Ur journey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.