Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

HELP..... Heater Wiring loom

28K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  rgw1 
#1 ·
Any help would be much appreciated!

my heater stopped working quite a while ago, got new blower motor and it started working again then about 2 months down the line it stopped again (outside warrenty) took it too a vauxhall spares repairs place local to me and he said one of the wires had burt out he had done a tempory fix but would need a wiring loom to cut the plug off and connect it to mine. Since then it has broke again, so i went to a scrap yard and got the section on wiring loom that i needed (seen the burt part). When i took it appart properly to cut the old plug off and connect to the new one i noticed there is an extra wire on the old one?? i dont want to connect to the wrong part as i guess this extra wire is what the guy bodged on for tempory use?

on the new plug it goes.... Brown, blue/red, green/black, yellow green
on the oly plug it goes.... Brown, ORANGE, Blue/red, Green/black, Yellow/Green

I know this looks like its obvious but the orange cable seems to go all the way up the wiring loom?? Or is there just something wrong with the new plug i have?

Pictures would explain it better but not sure how to upload.

Thanks for all your help!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Right, where does the plug you're refering to actually fit? The heater blower motor inself only shows 2 wires going to it, Orange and brown, the orange wire coming direct from Fuse F28 in the engine fusebox to the fan motor, then out from there onto a brown wire.

Think you may have the plug for the resistor pack or fan speed switch. If you can post photos of the plug and where it's meant to go that would be a big help in locating it.

Create an account at Photobucket.com, upload the photo's to there then copy the IMG code and paste it onto your post on here, that'll show the photos.

#8 ·
Looking at it the orange wire probably feeds No 4 speed on the fan. As you turn the fans speed switch up it switches in different resistances to make it speed up, lower resistance - the fan runs quicker. My guess is the orange wire is number 4 as it bypasses the resistor pack straight to the switch then to earth. May be you have to swop the orange wire over or just live without No:4 speed?

#13 ·
well from what you have said then yes i would assume he has to bypass the burnt cable just so it worked for a while (not sure what they done as i left it with them)
Pictures not great as its getting a bit dark but.........

its looks to me as it has been pushed in the hole next to the brown and then both connect to the same outgoing connection.

Does the manual you have show 4 or 5 wires coming out of the resistor plug? (assuming this is what it is)

#14 ·
4 wires out of the plug so the new one you have is correct. I think you'll have to removto e the wire from terminal 4 of the existing plug and wire the the other 4 to match colour to colour and see what happens. At best it all works but l think you'll only have fan speeds 1 to 3. He must have cut the orange wire off the brown wire somewhere to power the fan. You may have to see if you can find where he's done that and reconnect it. PM me your address and l'll send you a copy of the wiring diagram, or buy a Haynes manual and look at page 12.22

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.