Corsa burg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Corsa burg

  1. #1

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194

    Corsa burg

    Has anyone ordered one of these?If so,you're delivery date may be affected due to VXL having the lower front splitter extensions on back order.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Join Date
    10-10-2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    2,873
    Me, ordered it weeks ago from astons and mine still hasnt got a build date am gutted!!

  4. #3

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    Ive got 1 on order am suppose to be getting mine in december

  5. #4

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    Which December?

  6. #5

    Join Date
    03-12-2008
    Location
    stockton
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,144
    if these are anythink like the wait like the astra berg then you lot are in for a shock-i waited eight months for mine

  7. #6

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay View Post
    Which December?
    lol 3 months time

  8. #7

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    Not a HOPE mate.

  9. #8

    Join Date
    10-10-2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    2,873
    I was told i would get mine end of sep beginning of oct, it hasnt even got a build date yet lol!

  10. #9

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    am gonnae go see ma salesman tomorrow if thats the case then am wantin a better discount :p

  11. #10

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    My VXRacing was ordered ,built and delivered all within 18 days
    (knowing the VXR brand manager helped!!!),but yours will be delayed due to parts being on back order mate.Sorry to have to tell you.

  12. #11

    Join Date
    10-10-2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    2,873
    I have just looked at my post on here at when i ordered a corsa burg and it was 3-7-11.

    Only 9 week ago! £500 deposit too, People who have ordered after me are getting delivery dates!
    Last edited by MrTom; 04-09-2011 at 18:38.

  13. #12

    Join Date
    10-10-2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay View Post
    Has anyone ordered one of these?If so,you're delivery date may be affected due to VXL having the lower front splitter extensions on back order.
    How can they be on back order?

    Didnt they know months back they were making 500 lol.

    How many they made? 400 pmsl.

  14. #13

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay View Post
    My VXRacing was ordered ,built and delivered all within 18 days
    (knowing the VXR brand manager helped!!!),but yours will be delayed due to parts being on back order mate.Sorry to have to tell you.
    am no really that fussy i wasn't to keen in gettin it then anyway with all the frost,salt and grit gettin put down on the roads

  15. #14

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    I went to order one for my VXRacing today,so the info is correct,it comes straight from VXL HQ at Griffin House.

  16. #15

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay View Post
    I went to order one for my VXRacing today,so the info is correct,it comes straight from VXL HQ at Griffin House.
    aye but they could be on back order until the cars are built i wouldnt be to happy seeing a standard vxr with the splitter before the cars where actually on the road

  17. #16
    Corsa D Challenge Moderator JaseWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-10-2009
    Location
    Colwyn Bay
    Age
    23
    Posts
    14,308
    Maybe the splitters are on back order but surely they made enough to cover the initial batch, 500 splitters could be made in an hour

  18. #17

    Join Date
    24-01-2009
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by JaseWW View Post
    Maybe the splitters are on back order but surely they made enough to cover the initial batch, 500 splitters could be made in an hour
    my thoughts exactly

  19. #18

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by JaseWW View Post
    Maybe the splitters are on back order but surely they made enough to cover the initial batch, 500 splitters could be made in an hour

    Going by Vauxhall's previous record,the ASTRA Burg was severely delayed due to the bumper supplier going bust.Could be the same happened again!!!!

  20. #19

    Join Date
    19-01-2008
    Location
    Sudbury, Suffolk
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,848
    In relation to parts VXL are a nightmare, im still waiting nearly 4months on for my centre caps which have gone on back order. Customer care have stated they have stopped making the Blue Ed corsas to start work on the 3door Astra so there is no lead time on parts. Thats not to mention the steering wheel they owe me aswell!

  21. #20

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by tom/vxr View Post
    In relation to parts VXL are a nightmare, im still waiting nearly 4months on for my centre caps which have gone on back order. Customer care have stated they have stopped making the Blue Ed corsas to start work on the 3door Astra so there is no lead time on parts. Thats not to mention the steering wheel they owe me aswell!

    PM Dougie on VXRO Tom,tell him what your problems are.I'm sure he'll help out mate.

  22. #21
    Midlands Organiser
    Join Date
    24-10-2010
    Location
    Swadlincote
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,449
    Yeah looks like you might be waiting a long while for the coras burg. I wonder why with the astra burg it took them 8 months, doubt it would be the bumper as car manufacturers make their own bumpers and have plastics shops as its alot cheaper and they can get the paint match rightish, I know I work for one larger than vauxhall.

  23. #22

    Join Date
    10-10-2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by tom/vxr View Post
    In relation to parts VXL are a nightmare, im still waiting nearly 4months on for my centre caps which have gone on back order. Customer care have stated they have stopped making the Blue Ed corsas to start work on the 3door Astra so there is no lead time on parts. Thats not to mention the steering wheel they owe me aswell!
    Did they give you your car with no centrecaps and the wrong steering wheel? thats babba service that on a brand new car.

  24. #23

    Join Date
    03-11-2007
    Location
    essex
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyedlin19 View Post
    Yeah looks like you might be waiting a long while for the coras burg. I wonder why with the astra burg it took them 8 months, doubt it would be the bumper as car manufacturers make their own bumpers and have plastics shops as its alot cheaper and they can get the paint match rightish, I know I work for one larger than vauxhall.

    FYI,Vauxhall farmed it out to a contractor.The Recaro interiors are made "to a price",so hardly surprising the seats collapse is it.

  25. #24

    Join Date
    14-10-2008
    Location
    Vrysoulles, Cyprus
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,556
    I ordered my facelift on 12th Feb and was told I'd have it end of march/early April. I had it 3rd June

    They can't make a normal one within the dates they give you, I can only imagine a burg will be worse :lol:

  26. #25

    Join Date
    03-12-2008
    Location
    stockton
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,144
    burgs will take atleast 6 months to come to the dealers me thinks,these will not be anywere near been built yet

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts