Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Heater Resistor Location?

62K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SheffMAK 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm having that problem where my blower only works on setting 4 :(

Does anyone know how to get to the resistor? I've read that the heater motor is behind the glove box which is easy enough to get to, is the resistor in the same area?

Help will be appreciated.

#3 ·
Cheers mate will do. Some people have said just taking it out and putting it back in has worked. I'm not that hopeful, I've had a nightmare with my heating system recently. Had a cracked heater matrix over Xmas and blowers were spewing coolant into the car. Sorted that though.

Oh well will find out tomorrow.

#8 ·
Well I think I've found the cause of the problem anyway. The loom going to the resistor is dodgy. I unplugged the loom and plugged it back in and it worked lol. I'm not going to get this changed though just yet. If it just requires a wiggle every now and then a not that bothered.

#10 ·
Removing blower resistor help!

Hiya,

Brand new to the forum - just wondering if anyone can help me with sorting my blower (which currently only works on 4)

I am currently trying to get to the resistor to replace it: I've done the follwoing:

1 - Taken out electrical plug

2 - Unscrewed the 5.5 millimeter bolt head

I can see the black unit has two plastic clips one on either side, but no matter what I do I can't remove the unit/get it to come out! Can anyone help/tutorial - anything?!

Thanks a lot

Mike

#13 ·
The unit itself feels loose and there is some movement, so not sure if its burnt out - the only problem is I can't seem to remove the unit itself from the housing after taking the screw out - I know there are some plastic tabs on the bottom of the unit itself but pushing/pulling these seems to have no effect. Can you help me out and tell me how to remove the unit itself please, it would be much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.