Heater Problem - Only works on setting 4
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater Problem - Only works on setting 4

Heater Problem - Only works on setting 4

Hi guys,

My heater only blows out on setting 4.
    3 2 and 1 absolutley nothing, tried changing the heat, tried changing which vents it flows out of and nothing.

VX said it's a resister problem, anyone know if this is easy to fix?

2008 Corsa Club 1.2 3 dr

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Back right & up of passengers footwell, there's a resistor, wiggle the cables m8 and its should come on, the resistor it's a common problem, I have a cable tie on mine just temporary the now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by mattcronin View Post
    Hi guys,

My heater only blows out on setting 4.
    3 2 and 1 absolutley nothing, tried changing the heat, tried changing which vents it flows out of and nothing.

VX said it's a resister problem, anyone know if this is easy to fix?

2008 Corsa Club 1.2 3 dr
    It is an easy ish fix. I know Jazzyj had the same problem and he wiggled the resistor to solve it but I think he had bought the part but not fitted it. Pm him and he might tell you what to wiggle or replace and where. I think the part is about £40 but not too sure

your resistor is on its way out. i had this problem on my corsa aswell.
    "It looks angry, but its like a child, angry but cant do anything! Fiesta Zetec S at MAX!"

- Fiesta Zetec S MK7 "Tony's Edition -

Easy to change, Glovebox out and then 1 screw holding the resistor, the part is about £20 for a genuine one on ebay and takes 10mins to change over

hit the dash repeatedly or even better drive along a cobbled road, sorted mine out fine!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWVXR View Post
    Easy to change, Glovebox out and then 1 screw holding the resistor, the part is about £20 for a genuine one on ebay and takes 10mins to change over
    This is the one gents, prices vary on eBay from £18.00 odd to £40 so don't buy the 1st one you see,
    Also its only 1 screw holding the resistor in so don't go thinking its a big job to fix
    Last edited by jazzyj; 08-12-2012 at 16:03.

Sweet thanks for all the help guys. I'll give it a wiggle and then ebay that shizz.

So when I had a look, the cable was actually unplugged ...WTf.

Can't see that as an accident it was completley dangling down, Either VX undid it on purpose coz it's on its way out prior to replacing, but the conspiracist in me says theyve unplugged it for an easy £90!

Plug it back in and see what happens. In severs cases the wiring can burn out so maybe that's wy Vx unplugged it.
    R.I.P Paul Bingham (Bingo999)

top stuff, already had this fixed under Network Q warranty, they said it was the motor and replaced it quoting £300-400 if I hadn't had warranty, went about 2 weeks later again... knew it was the bleeedin cable but didn't realise it was the resistor till I saw this thread! Kept getting the girlfriend or mates to boot the cable with their foot (probably not the best idea) until it worked again if it went off when driving!

Got resistor for £18 delivered on ebay, they'd bent all the prongs ripping it out but sorted it and works sound, 5 min job

Now to sort the classic glovebox falling off, and the wiper linkage to stop them tw*tting the crap out of the bonnet and pillar.

Thank god for this place!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information