Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1.4 Corsa D SXi MPG?

28K views 95 replies 33 participants last post by  rallymarshall 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, im new here, so thought ad introduce myself in my first post, just upgraded my corsa c to a Corsa D, got the 1.4 SXi with VXR styling pack
Love the car however, i think i may have a problem.

im getting about 28 mpg.. is this normal?

a woman had it before me so i dont know how she drove but i drove my C pretty hard and i treat this car like a gem, im in that 'its my new car im gonna drive it carefully' stage.

Driving sensible i get about 26-28 mpg, driving fast about 24 mpg, meaning i get about 250-260ish miles out of a tank before the petrol light goes on

What do others get? should i take it back to Vaux? i still have a 1 and a half warrenty on it, its a 59 plate and i bought it from a offical vauxhall dealer.

Any thought and comments appriciated.

Thanks!

#5 ·
yeah, i thoguht that, my brothers 1.2 limited ed. gets about 330 in a tank, oh well, if driving at 30 and 70 get me 240-260 miles i best just put my foot down anyway -.- cheers any way mate, and also, off topic, i see you done the vxr grill on your car :p did you do the honeycomb grill or just paint the V black? :p i want to do it but unsure how easy/what i need/where to get things from :p

#13 ·
Omg your car must be broken if u get ya mpg in tha 20s. I have exactly the same car, 59 plate 1.4 90 with vxr styling pack. I get 40mpg+. last week i did 230mls on £30 which equated to 45mpg. That was average of about 65/70mph. Get it checked out while its still on warranty

#23 ·
don't have a clue how people are getting such good mpg from the petrol 1.2's and 1.4's maybe there is a fault with the ecu?

obviously i don't eco drive the whole tank, but with motorway miles for a majority of it i'm sure i should be seeing more than 300miles from a tank?!?!

#33 ·
drove back from cornwall and got 53.3 mpg..................BUT that was driving at 60 cos the figures they show in bookletts etc are based on the car doing 56 mph on a motor, which lets face it is TOSH ! no one but a fool drives at the speed on a motorway ?

#37 ·
as i said ad keeep you posted, Vauxhall asked me to do a little test for my MPG, they asked me, fill the tank, do 50 miles, fill up again and see how many miles you need to fill up.... i decided to do this twice, one sensible, one fast so the figures are... *drumroll*

Sensible granny driving (mostly motorway) 32 mpg
realistic driving (70-80mph motorway) 23 mpg.....

The car is booked in for monday :)

#38 ·
Hey everyone, im new here, so thought ad introduce myself in my first post, just upgraded my corsa c to a Corsa D, got the 1.4 SXi with VXR styling packLove the car however, i think i may have a problem.im getting about 28 mpg.. is this normal?a woman had it before me so i dont know how she drove but i drove my C pretty hard and i treat this car like a gem, im in that 'its my new car im gonna drive it carefully' stage.Driving sensible i get about 26-28 mpg, driving fast about 24 mpg, meaning i get about 250-260ish miles out of a tank before the petrol light goes on What do others get? should i take it back to Vaux? i still have a 1 and a half warrenty on it, its a 59 plate and i bought it from a offical vauxhall dealer.Any thought and comments appriciated.Thanks!
I get those figures out of my 1.6T. now I have a GID I've noticed that setting off fast at lights and then sticking to the speed limit and also accelerating uphill makes a big difference to fuel consumption

#40 ·
I have a 1.4 sxi. I get around 350 to 370 miles out of a tank driving it like a granny if i thrash it about 330. short trips do the car in though i noticed if i drive around to my grandads 2 miles away an back say 3 times a week everytime the car is turned on after short trips the petrol gauge has moved noticably. try longer trips an driving sensible and your on to an average of 350 miles a tank. Well I am anyway

#52 ·
Im thinking about implementing a few form of fuel, Flitstones legs, apparently they work pretty well and have a nice MPG, anyone done this? heard reviews of it? let me know ;) haha!

nah, i think that must be the story of it, have crap mpg then get it checked, for those that dont know, the best way to check mpg, have a full tank, use 50 miles, then fill up, see how many litres you had to refil then enter the information here and get your results: http://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.