Sarah's Turbo Alfa Romeo - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sarah's Turbo Alfa Romeo

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mark3791 Click here to enlarge
    What's wrong with your camera?

I kid. That's some damn good shine.
    Haha thanks ;D
    Best shine I've gotten from any car! Looking forward to when I get my new detailing products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WesBez Click here to enlarge
    Girl can polish. Lol
    I was waiting for a joke kinda like "of course a girl is good at cleaning" but the people on here are much nicer than that haha ;D

I do my best (;

Not much as I'm waiting for a load of things in the post but got new door welcome lights
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Wish Royal Mail would hurry up ):

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiggy999 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I think it's the guilietta, I know the mito can come with 2 centre exhausts which actually look pretty good, a bit like the golf. Don't know if I'll be able to afford such a big mod. I can only dream haha!
    Mangolesti, that was it. I knew it sounds like molesty!

Click here to enlarge

Looking good though. Gonna get some heko's to go with? Do they even do heko's for mito's?

Mangolesti, that was it. I knew it sounds like molesty!

Click here to enlarge

Looking good though. Gonna get some heko's to go with? Do they even do heko's for mito's?
    That's it yeah haha, thanks!

I actually looked for hekos but no luck. There's very little actually ready made for the mito! Like I was looking for some silicon pipes to spruce up the engine bay but there's nothing! I'll have to be extra creative wont I haha

You may have to go round scrapyards hunting for diamonds in the rough... i mean rust. I have to say I've never seen an alfa with wind deflectors either though. can you even put them in their style of window where the window goes up in to the roof, not the top of the door?

You can't get wind deflectors for the MiTo. Frameless doors.

And Mangoletsi is a dealership.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Idaeus Click here to enlarge
    You can't get wind deflectors for the MiTo. Frameless doors.

And Mangoletsi is a dealership.
    Frameless doors, that's what i was trying to say!

And don't I feel silly. I thought it was a special edition they did

Sarah's Turbo Alfa Romeo

Frameless doors, that's what i was trying to say!

And don't I feel silly. I thought it was a special edition they did
    Yeah I forgot to mention that haha, my dad was listing off all the things the corsa had and hekos were one, then we had a laugh when we saw no frames

No need to feel silly as you're technically not too wrong. It's all just a lot of similar words in the world of alfa romeo. I believe Magneti Marelli make the kits for the alfa which includ the dual exhaust. I think their kit is one of the only ways the mito can have dual exhaust. They also add 35bhp ;D

Not been doing much lately, just enjoying the car, filled it up twice since I've got it haha, certainly a thirsty car!

Been looking at big things like powder coating the alloys, been quoted £200 so that might happen in the future!

Just got these the other day
    Click here to enlarge

And upgraded all the bulbs, just fogs to do next
    Only got a pic of the DRLs
    Click here to enlarge

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to tell me, as these cars aren't typically modded so it's difficult

Horrendous incident has occurred! My car is currently at an accident repair centre after it was towed away from the road side.
    On Friday at around 1pm, a lorry traveling the opposite direction passed me, just before it passed, maybe a few metres away, a huge fire extinguisher bounced out of his load and smashed into my front end at around 50mph.
    He then drove off leaving me stranded. Thankfully a lovely guy in a Leon Cupra stopped and gave me the lorrys reg. The police are now involved and my insurance is paying for the car to be repaired as I was not at fault.
    Only minor damage apparently, bent suspension and destroyed alloy. Thankfully the Brembo brakes are ok and no chassis or body damage.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Currently driving a 2014 Hyundai i10 as a courtesy car so all will be sorted soon, hopefully!
    Important thing is I'm still here! Could have went through the windscreen and id have been a goner.

That's scary i seen a lorry with scaffolding poles lose some of its load on a busy road before. I'm sure the lorry driver would have stopped if he had known that had happened as his licence is at risk with that one.

Glad your okay love that alloy looks pretty mangled no paint damage to the car ?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mxx Click here to enlarge
    That's scary i seen a lorry with scaffolding poles lose some of its load on a busy road before. I'm sure the lorry driver would have stopped if he had known that had happened as his licence is at risk with that one.
    Well he actually did stop up the road, but as I looked up he booted it. I saw his brake lights on and he came to a crawl, I'm so sure he knew it happened, the sound was horrendously loud and his window was down so he must have known about it!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Joescdti Click here to enlarge
    Glad your okay love that alloy looks pretty mangled no paint damage to the car ?
    I'm glad im ok too haha, could have been much worse! Alloy was destroyed but obviously a fresh new one is on the way so I'm happy. There was very slight scuffing to the front bumper which I think with some work could be repaired so I'm pretty lucky!

That alloy is completely destroyed! YIKES! And yeah, it could have been so much worse. I even saw this yesterday:

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...rom-flying-axe

Sarah's Turbo Alfa Romeo

That is a lucky escape hunny. Glad ur ok. Must have been frightful. Did you sustain a personal injury. They really should have secured the load. If something like that hit the ground he was sure to hear it. He must be Sh1tting it.
    Last edited by WesBez; 01-08-2014 at 10:28.

glad your okay, anything falling off a lorry at those speeds can do alot of damage. Ive had a lorry driver throw a bottle out the window and even that has dented my bonnet.

Some lorry drivers just dont think or check there loads at all.

Hope they catch him

That alloy is completely destroyed! YIKES! And yeah, it could have been so much worse. I even saw this yesterday:

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/...rom-flying-axe
    Maybe it's a sign that i needed to go pick some fancy new alloys ;D
    That's crazy! It's like something out of a movie haha. You wonder how lorry drivers can be so careless :/

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WesBez Click here to enlarge
    That is a lucky escape hunny. Glad ur ok. Must have been frightful. Did you sustain a personal injury. They really should have secured the load. If something like that hit the ground he was sure to hear it. He must be Sh1tting it.
    I was very lucky, proper terrifying! Awk thanks, the important thing is i'm ok, the car can be repaired so all is good (: I did get some whiplash, my head was thrown left to right and I hopped out of my seat and landed down pretty hard so my back's pretty sore but other than that i'm alright, more worried about the car haha.
    I know it would have taken him 5 minutes to secure his load and save this all from happening :/

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChilliTom Click here to enlarge
    glad your okay, anything falling off a lorry at those speeds can do alot of damage. Ive had a lorry driver throw a bottle out the window and even that has dented my bonnet.

Some lorry drivers just dont think or check there loads at all.

Hope they catch him
    Thanks! Yeah tbh i got out of the car expecting the whole front end to be smashed but i was very lucky. Seriously? Wow that's terrible, some people are so inconsiderate!
    I'm going to the police station today so i'll ask what will probably happen. It's looking he'll get at least 3 points on his licence and a decent fine, let's hope he gets some sort of punishment anyway, just don't want him to walk away with nothing.

Yeah good idea, just noticed you have a shih-tzu lol bit off topic but i have two haha Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChilliTom Click here to enlarge
    Yeah good idea, just noticed you have a shih-tzu lol bit off topic but i have two haha Click here to enlarge
    I do haha, i actually have 2 as well! 2 Shih-tzus and a lab (:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiggy999 Click here to enlarge
    I do haha, i actually have 2 as well! 2 Shih-tzus and a lab (:
    Wicked yeah my two are on my progree thread, father and son

Unfortunately, i still haven't gotten the car back. Turns out the damage was much worse than it appeared, whole new front suspension, steering rack etc have been put in and they're just waiting for new shock absorbers to turn up and he'll be back with me soon. Hoping tomorrow might be the lucky day! Fed up with driving the Hyundai ): I was so excited to get away from the 1.0L corsa, just to be back driving a 1.1L Hyundai haha.

Sorry to hear about your car that wheel was shocking hope you get it back soon

Car failed it's quality control test today as it still isn't driving straight. Meaning I have even more waiting to do before I get it back. Good news is that the other party admitted liability and so I don't have to pay the £400 insurance excess! I also have a job interview tomorrow for a well paid position so I'm getting excited about spoiling the car ;D
    Have to find positives, no point getting down about it, these things happen, I'll get the car back in the end!
    (P.s sorry for a boring thread, here's a few pics I took of it 2 weeks ago)
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Damn, that's annoying. Just one delay after another! I remember when I was about 8, my dad's 2L cavalier got stolen and it was the happiest day of my life until then. I hated that car because I was sick on every journey and it smelled like old hot car. Anyway, they ripped the steering rack off the car and ditched it about 3 miles away, so it had to get fixed. A week or two later, when the garage were bringing it back, they crashed it and had to fix it again, and then when they brought it back AGAIN, someone crashed in to it again, and it had to be scrapped!

Hopefully yours will be back with you pretty soon!

Thread Information