1 Year On - Polo 6R R-Line 1.2 Turbo

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year On - Polo 6R R-Line 1.2 Turbo

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser

Hello All!

Long time no speak to some of you who know me. I use to own a Corsa D 1.7 CDTI which was featured in Total Vauxhall magazine a fair few years back. Since then the car has been sold and i have moved on! Originally wanted another everyday commuter to work and back but then landed on my Polo 6R R-Line in Candy White with Touch screen multimedia screen. The model sits between the SEL and the BlueGT which is why it has the 1.2 TSI engine. Though originally only 105ps, i have since remapped mine to about 140bhp with a re-tune to come since fitting a new exhaust system.

Anyway enough chatter! Here are some pics and a slow build log to go with them.

First Day i got her Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Safe to say it didn't stay standed for long as the mods started coming quick and fast:

First changed out the top and bottom grills for GTI grills and also fitted a over-sized pod filter with Forge Motorsport Dump Valve:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Next i tried out some plastidip on my wing mirrors which turned out alright! Think i might change it for some gloss black or carbon fibre ones though.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Next came Eibach Pro Sport springs which lowered the car 30mm/40mm and gave the car a much better stance without ruining the comfort. Standard height was like a 4x4 and i hated it! At this point i also had a custom exhaust system made which included a Euro Sport backbox and mid silencer cutout with a catback system in place. The car sounds so nice, just like the Polo GTi, with very nice pops and bangs.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Videos of Exhaust System:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=debR...gjaDV0JEQElfJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsq5...QElfJg&index=2

Now for my latest mod! Something i've always wanted since new! Bi-Xenon headlights! Though these are replicas with 6000K HID's in but the actual units themselves are based on the original VW headlights. The LED's in the headlights are very bright and look stunning, i love everything about them :D

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

That's it for now Click here to enlarge, the car is due for a re-tune to get more power as i should see the sunny side of 150bhp soon. Also looking at getting some 15mm spacers front and back to give it a wider stance and Anthracite wheels to match Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Jay; 31-08-2014 at 01:44.
    Bye Corsa D - Hello Polo 6R R-Line
    My Detailing Services Click Here
    Total Vauxhall Feature Feb 2010
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Very nice m8 never liked polo cars but the new iterations are like small golfs. Like what you've done to the front of the car. Spot on. Performance is super. Nice hike in bhp. Only thing I don't like are stickers but that's a personal preference. I know performance = smiles per gallon but what do you average from this wagon. Super job btw.

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Thanks mate! You'd be surprised but on long motorway journeys i average about 50mpg at 70mph. Before remap it would sit around 48mpg. However if i stay at 60mph i can reach as high as 56mpg! Normal urban driving i get a decent 43mpg unless i boot it then it drops a fair bit to 33-36mpg
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

I've both had a walk round this car and seen it on the move (and it really does move!) and it looks mint Click here to enlarge we'll have to have another meet soon Jay for pics, I've done loads more mods!

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikethemike Click here to enlarge
    I've both had a walk round this car and seen it on the move (and it really does move!) and it looks mint Click here to enlarge we'll have to have another meet soon Jay for pics, I've done loads more mods!
    Cheers Mike! I haven't seen you since the last meet! We can meet anytime! I'm always up for pics and videos haha. When you free bud?
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

I was following you on the M1 a couple of weeks back, you were behind me in the third lane in some traffic then undertook everyone Click here to enlarge

Got some speed for a 1.2! I know I was doing 100 and you were still pulling away haha.

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jackering Click here to enlarge
    I was following you on the M1 a couple of weeks back, you were behind me in the third lane in some traffic then undertook everyone Click here to enlarge

Got some speed for a 1.2! I know I was doing 100 and you were still pulling away haha.
    Haha i remember that day clearly cos i was heading down to london on that monday. My mrs was in the car and she kept telling me to slow down lol.

Yeah i got tired of waiting so undertook the lot of you lol. I think i let off at about 130 in the end cos my car is de-limited.

Very nice blak edition btw, caught my attention when i got up behind you. Got some pull in yours too!
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay Click here to enlarge
    Haha i remember that day clearly cos i was heading down to london on that monday. My mrs was in the car and she kept telling me to slow down lol.

Yeah i got tired of waiting so undertook the lot of you lol. I think i let off at about 130 in the end cos my car is de-limited.

Very nice blak edition btw, caught my attention when i got up behind you. Got some pull in yours too!
    Haha yeah I had the mrs in the car too... kept telling me to slow down... we'd been to Mansfield to do some shopping and was on the way home, didn't realize at the time yours was only a 1.2 though with the speed you were doing.. I would of pushed a bit harder if I wasn't getting of at Leicester haha.

Small world though!

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Haha yeah I had the mrs in the car too... kept telling me to slow down... we'd been to Mansfield to do some shopping and was on the way home, didn't realize at the time yours was only a 1.2 though with the speed you were doing.. I would of pushed a bit harder if I wasn't getting of at Leicester haha.

Small world though!
    Ah i see mate, haha! Proper small world to have bumped into you like that lol. You need some corsa d stickers so i know who you are :p

I should organise a meet sometime at a central location for all of us :D
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Ah i see mate, haha! Proper small world to have bumped into you like that lol. You need some corsa d stickers so i know who you are :p

I should organise a meet sometime at a central location for all of us :D
    I have one under the rear center brake light but I like it stealthy Click here to enlarge

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    I have one under the rear center brake light but I like it stealthy Click here to enlarge
    Haha no wonder i couldn't see it then! It is very stealthy though :D.

Any planned mods for yours?
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Haha no wonder i couldn't see it then! It is very stealthy though :D.

Any planned mods for yours?
    Would love to take it the vxr rep route but probably wont as by the time you've bought all the bits you may as well just buy a vxr.

Probably nothing major for the first year or so, alloys need a refurb so will get that done at some point, may just get them sprayed black though instead of the diamond cut.

few interior mods, armrest etc.

Other then that, probably not a lot until I finish uni and get a decent paid job.

Very nice car

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Would love to take it the vxr rep route but probably wont as by the time you've bought all the bits you may as well just buy a vxr.

Probably nothing major for the first year or so, alloys need a refurb so will get that done at some point, may just get them sprayed black though instead of the diamond cut.

few interior mods, armrest etc.

Other then that, probably not a lot until I finish uni and get a decent paid job.

That's uni for you, I remember those days (Damn I sound old lol!). Everything was on a budget! Once you get a decent job and pay you can buy whatever crap you want. Although you end up contending and fighting with another type of budget called a mortgage and bills lol.

Mods sound good mate, keep it stealthy looking Click here to enlarge. Maybe a remap down the line? I think these can touch 160bhp?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ffrs1444 Click here to enlarge
    Very nice car
    Thanks mate Click here to enlarge
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Here's what im aiming for in the next year or so, may have to get coilovers to get abit more slammage on it but I want it to be driveable and not that dubbed style stance works stuff!

Click here to enlarge
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Spring 2011 Feature Car
    Malta Organiser
    hi jay, nice to see youre still into cars and modding them nicely Click here to enlarge

That's uni for you, I remember those days (Damn I sound old lol!). Everything was on a budget! Once you get a decent job and pay you can buy whatever crap you want. Although you end up contending and fighting with another type of budget called a mortgage and bills lol.

Mods sound good mate, keep it stealthy looking Click here to enlarge. Maybe a remap down the line? I think these can touch 160bhp?

Thanks mate Click here to enlarge

Haha, she's already on about getting a place together.... There's one on here running 200, I'd be happy with stage one, about 150.

Really like your car as it is to be honest, right sleeper!

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by balz Click here to enlarge
    hi jay, nice to see youre still into cars and modding them nicely Click here to enlarge
    Cheers Balz, good to see you're still here mate as well! A lot of the guys I know don't come on here no more.

Haha, she's already on about getting a place together.... There's one on here running 200, I'd be happy with stage one, about 150.

Really like your car as it is to be honest, right sleeper!
    Haha, girls will be girls! Wow 200! That's quite a hike! Must have some serious mods on it. Stage 1 sounds good though, not that expensive either.

Yeah it is quite a sleeper, would be even more so if it didn't have the R bumpers.
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Cheers Balz, good to see you're still here mate as well! A lot of the guys I know don't come on here no more.

Haha, girls will be girls! Wow 200! That's quite a hike! Must have some serious mods on it. Stage 1 sounds good though, not that expensive either.

Yeah it is quite a sleeper, would be even more so if it didn't have the R bumpers.
    Haha yeah. Looking at £150ish for a good Stage 1 map, got to get the water pump sorted first realized tonight that its whistling away..

Even with the R bumpers, you don't really expect a Polo with a TSi badge to do 130 Click here to enlarge

Alright Jay! Click here to enlarge Car's looking pretty sweet mate

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Haha yeah. Looking at £150ish for a good Stage 1 map, got to get the water pump sorted first realized tonight that its whistling away..

Even with the R bumpers, you don't really expect a Polo with a TSi badge to do 130 Click here to enlarge
    Not bad at all that, I paid close to £250 for my custom map which was pretty good at the time! That's not good! Is it under warranty? Haha yea you're right, I should take the badge off to make it even more sleeperish

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pvt Killer Click here to enlarge
    Alright Jay! Click here to enlarge Car's looking pretty sweet mate
    Hey Kev! Long time no speak!
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Tell me about it mate, missing the old days!

130kph..... Lol Awesome gains from this engine. How's the clutch holding up with the extra bhp? Don't slam it. Think the Eibach Sportlines are perfect. Wouldn't mess the ride with those mods unless you going to splash the cash on the suspension. Keep the quality going. What coilies would you go for?

TFS09 Feature Car
    Yorkshire Organiser
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WesBez Click here to enlarge
    130kph..... Lol Awesome gains from this engine. How's the clutch holding up with the extra bhp? Don't slam it. Think the Eibach Sportlines are perfect. Wouldn't mess the ride with those mods unless you going to splash the cash on the suspension. Keep the quality going. What coilies would you go for?
    Yeah i was quite surprised as well, the gains are quite big for such a small 4 cylinder single cam engine lol. Turbo charger must be nearing its limit. Clutch is fine, copes with it quite well. Not had any problems since the map. Yeah i wont slam it, too many slammed vw's already anyway. I wanna go for a more functional car rather than form. I've seen a set brand new AP coilovers at the moment on ebay for £300 that someone has bought but not used. Thinking on those as i know AP is a quality brand. Its either that or fork out for a set of eibach dampers to match my springs.
    TFS Car of The Show 2009

Yeah i was quite surprised as well, the gains are quite big for such a small 4 cylinder single cam engine lol. Turbo charger must be nearing its limit. Clutch is fine, copes with it quite well. Not had any problems since the map. Yeah i wont slam it, too many slammed vw's already anyway. I wanna go for a more functional car rather than form. I've seen a set brand new AP coilovers at the moment on ebay for £300 that someone has bought but not used. Thinking on those as i know AP is a quality brand. Its either that or fork out for a set of eibach dampers to match my springs.
    Bilstein b8 dampers perfect match. You can buy them staggered to save up. Buy fronts then back. Will be far superior build and ride. Or the whole kit £475 http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-...tdi-16tdi-0609

Thread Information