Ford Focus 1.0 Ecobeast

User Tag List

Thread: Ford Focus 1.0 Ecobeast

Ford Focus 1.0 Ecobeast

So, was my Corsa. 1.3 (75) Ecoflex. Had it for nearly 4 years. Only really got into doing bits of mods in the last year of ownership so didn't do a great deal to it other than window tints. Tinted repeaters, sri steering wheel and DTUK tuning box.

Last pics of the car before saying goodbye
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

And a pic of the new car after an initial test drive.
    Click here to enlarge

And here it is all clean waiting for me to collect her.

Click here to enlarge

Interior shot
    Click here to enlarge

I originally said to myself I wouldn't mod this car...but I've started thinking about it already and ordered some goodies
    Click here to enlarge
    Philips XTreme Vision from WezBez and some Philips Bluevision side lights. They look less yellow in person, the iphone is pretty bad for colour matching lighting.

Click here to enlarge
    Black on chrome front overlay.
    Getting a new rear badge replaced by ford tomorrow as the chrome has started to go a bit weird. They are offering replacements for rear badges for all fords up to 10 years old. Once it is replaced I will be adding the rear overlay

Ordered a load of cleaning goodies from Autobrite and some Bilt Hammer Finis Wax ready for the bad weather.

Future plans:
    Wrapping the horizontal chrome bars either side of the front badge. Got it booked in for next weekend to get it done professionally. Here is a crap mock up on a iPhone app
    Click here to enlarge

Waiting for these to arrive
    Click here to enlarge

And looking at getting a K&N 57s-4000.
    Bluefin Remap. Estimated to take it from 125 or 123 on the superchips site, up to 153bhp and 247nm torque.
    Philips silver vision indicators all the way around.
    And lastly some rear window tints. Not sure where I will go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TYPH3OUS; 16-10-2014 at 08:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Its a nice upgrade from a Corsa. My wife has a Fiesta for a little longer then we are hopping to get her a Focus Estate mid next year. The Fiesta is only going because she is doing 30-40k a year and with growing kids its a tad too small

Updated first post
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rambo1984 Click here to enlarge
    Its a nice upgrade from a Corsa. My wife has a Fiesta for a little longer then we are hopping to get her a Focus Estate mid next year. The Fiesta is only going because she is doing 30-40k a year and with growing kids its a tad too small
    I'm guessing you are going to be going for a diesel with that mileage? Ha. I saw a couple of the estates when I was shopping around and they still looked nice. The focus feels like it is in a completely different class to the Corsa. I was considering lowering it but I don't know if I can bring myself to loosing some of the comfort and smoothness of this considering I'm lucky to get up to 40mph on the stretch of the A1 I use to get to work. It feels lower than my Corsa did. Even the missus noticed how low it feels as standard.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Im not sure yet as Becky isn't a fan of diesels. Its easier with a diesel as she can use my fuel car to fill it up. Our fiesta feels high compared to my Astra. The Focus hatchback boot seems small so the estate is the only option

My missus said she wouldn't be comfortable driving the Astra because it did feel bigger than the focus. She was scared she wouldn't be able to park it

New pedals fitted. (Excuse the mess) only had the car s month and already needs a good hoovering.
    Click here to enlarge

i like the focus although the boot was too small for our buggy. Hence getting a astra. They didn't have any nice estates when we were looking.

Woyuldn't mind a ST estate next - thiningof going back to petrol as I am not doing 12k miles a year anymore. Lucky if I get to 7k!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gazza5 Click here to enlarge
    i like the focus although the boot was too small for our buggy. Hence getting a astra. They didn't have any nice estates when we were looking.

Woyuldn't mind a ST estate next - thiningof going back to petrol as I am not doing 12k miles a year anymore. Lucky if I get to 7k!
    Yeah it's part of the reason I traded in. I was doing 18k a year when I got the diesel Corsa and now I'm doing about 9k. First tank to 3/4 empty mark on the focus got me about 300 miles. (And I'm still learning to drive it and what rev range it likes to be in etc) The derv Corsa used to do the same at 350 miles. I know the focus tank is bigger but I can't really complain to be honest because of diesel prices it's working out at costing me practically the same as the Corsa to run it. I don't think I could get another car without lumbar support now as well. My back ache whilst driving has gone

Rear ford badge overlay.
    Before
    Click here to enlarge

After
    Click here to enlarge

Chrome vinyl wrap done at the weekend. Now considering getting flyeye

Click here to enlarge

Looks miles better. Are you doing the fog surrounds too?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rambo1984 Click here to enlarge
    Looks miles better. Are you doing the fog surrounds too?
    I will be yeah. I will be at least going back to get window tints, possibly flyeye the front, although he has an offer doing the whole car, so might get the fog lights done while I'm at it if I can afford it but I will see. Id probably rather get the tints and the fog lights wrapped before getting flyeye done

Whats the 1 litre engine like? Underpowered or okay? Im looking at a focus to buy next but was looking at the bigger 1.6 engine

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whitey_SRI Click here to enlarge
    Whats the 1 litre engine like? Underpowered or okay? Im looking at a focus to buy next but was looking at the bigger 1.6 engine
    It doesn't feel underpowered at all. I still actually hit the speed limit sooner than what I am used to so have to keep watching my speed. Has plenty of pull at higher speeds too.
    Are you thinking of the 1.6 n/a or the 1.6 ecoboost? I would have liked the 1.6 ecoboost but there weren't any about or in my price range. The average mpg on the 1.6 ecoboost seems quite thirsty as well by looking about on the ford forums.

The 1.6 n/a isn't meant to be as nice to drive as the 1.0. Bear in mind there are two versions of the 1.0 as well. One is 100bhp and one 125bhp. Mine is the 125.

I'm looking at the superchips remap which people seem to be raving about. The wife will have this car as well when we have a little one so I wasn't too fussed about getting the 1.6 ecoboost as I wouldn't get to enjoy it in the future. So for my circumstances and what the car is for I think it's great.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TYPH3OUS Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't feel underpowered at all. I still actually hit the speed limit sooner than what I am used to so have to keep watching my speed. Has plenty of pull at higher speeds too.
    Are you thinking of the 1.6 n/a or the 1.6 ecoboost? I would have liked the 1.6 ecoboost but there weren't any about or in my price range. The average mpg on the 1.6 ecoboost seems quite thirsty as well by looking about on the ford forums.

The 1.6 n/a isn't meant to be as nice to drive as the 1.0. Bear in mind there are two versions of the 1.0 as well. One is 100bhp and one 125bhp. Mine is the 125.

I'm looking at the superchips remap which people seem to be raving about. The wife will have this car as well when we have a little one so I wasn't too fussed about getting the 1.6 ecoboost as I wouldn't get to enjoy it in the future. So for my circumstances and what the car is for I think it's great.

That's good mate. I see the 1.0L ecoboost engines are getting good reviews. I just thought it might be a bit slow. I either going to get the new seat leon or focus. I need a bigger car than the corsa. Will probably test drive them both.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whitey_SRI Click here to enlarge
    That's good mate. I see the 1.0L ecoboost engines are getting good reviews. I just thought it might be a bit slow. I either going to get the new seat leon or focus. I need a bigger car than the corsa. Will probably test drive them both.
    The brand new Leon's are gorgeous especially at night. Seen a couple on the roads. If you are looking at buying new I'd wIt until the facelift focus comes out.

Just put a deposit down for a focus zetec s 1.0L 125bhp ecoboost in black like yours.

They're nice cars. Love mine. A lot better build and handling

Been ages since I've updated this, but I've since got a K&N 57s 4000 intake installed. Black fog light surrounds, and just received a new toy. Bluefin remap.
    Going to be getting windows tinted very soon as soon as I can get it booked in and alloys refurbished in either black or dark grey

Click here to enlarge

My Mum has just bought the facelift 1.0l ecoboost, brilliant car and the sat nav screen is huge compared to most cars.

IClick here to enlarge

An updated shot of (a very dirty) front end with gloss black fog surrounds.

Got the car booked in for rear tints at the end of the month. It's slowly starting to come together.

Thread Information