Rear shocks - Where to buy new securing bolt?

User Tag List

Thread: Rear shocks - Where to buy new securing bolt?

Rear shocks - Where to buy new securing bolt?

Hey guys I have a

Corsa D 2013 sxi. I recently was changing my rear shocks but for the life of.me I misplaced the bolt that holds the shock mount to top of the wheel arch.

Does anyone know where.you can buy a replacement bolt for it? I know it's an 'E torx' head bolt.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Try your local Vauxhall parts department, it'll be around £2-£3 at a guess. Just go in explain the part you need, give them your reg and they should be able to get you one.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    Try your local Vauxhall parts department, it'll be around £2-£3 at a guess. Just go in explain the part you need, give them your reg and they should be able to get you one.
    Cheers for th8s. I didn't consider as I thought they would be really high. Do you know of a vauxhall parts retailer?

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Go into any Vauxhall dealers, ask for the parts department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AutoVaux can get them as i had to buy some when i accidentally sheared one on my car (and i'm 30 miles from a dealer);

https://www.autovaux.co.uk

This was what they said from August last year going by my emails;

"Part number 13258835 come as a minimum order qty of 6 £6.60 for the set plus £2.00 postage."

I think i got mine 2 days later so pretty quick?

Alternatively just goto somewhere that sells bolts (aye, not homebase or anywhere like that) and get them to match the length/thread/strength.

When mine broke i just stuck in a high tensile bolt i had lying about and drove it for a week without issue.

Oh, its the same part as your grande punto too if you're closer to a fiat dealer (or scrappy)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by u33db Click here to enlarge
    AutoVaux can get them as i had to buy some when i accidentally sheared one on my car (and i'm 30 miles from a dealer);

https://www.autovaux.co.uk

This was what they said from August last year going by my emails;

"Part number 13258835 come as a minimum order qty of 6 £6.60 for the set plus £2.00 postage."

I think i got mine 2 days later so pretty quick?

Alternatively just goto somewhere that sells bolts (aye, not homebase or anywhere like that) and get them to match the length/thread/strength.

When mine broke i just stuck in a high tensile bolt i had lying about and drove it for a week without issue.

Oh, its the same part as your grande punto too if you're closer to a fiat dealer (or scrappy)
    Hey U33 sorry for delay mate. Didn't get a notification u responded. Is that Auto Vauxhall still going I contacted them a few months ago regarding something but never heard nothing back so was.worried to use them. I'll probs.call vauxhall and check price .

I need one though as I stripped the bolt and the bolt hole so it does not sit all the way in and rattles when driving. So need to try retap and put in a new bolt.

Oh right, the bolt hole threads have gone as well?

Thats a bummer....don't envy try to fix that tbh

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by u33db Click here to enlarge
    Oh right, the bolt hole threads have gone as well?

Thats a bummer....don't envy try to fix that tbh
    Why what you thinking. I was hoping to tap it and put in a new insert. As it makes an quite bad rattle.

Thread Information