Corsa D Radiator Temp Sensor - How to Remove Cardboard Baffle Without Damaging It ?

User Tag List

Thread: Corsa D Radiator Temp Sensor - How to Remove Cardboard Baffle Without Damaging It ?

Corsa D Radiator Temp Sensor - How to Remove Cardboard Baffle Without Damaging It ?

Anyone know how to remove the cardboard type baffle (without damaging it) which is obstructing the removal of the plug in radiator temperature sensor and stopping it from being pulled out. If the baffle is damaged then the air flow will preferentially bypass the radiator.

None of the youtube videos show this cardboard baffle.

The baffle is on the drivers side of the radiator. Don't know the correct name for it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CorsaRob Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know how to remove the cardboard type baffle (without damaging it) which is obstructing the removal of the plug in radiator temperature sensor and stopping it from being pulled out. If the baffle is damaged then the air flow will preferentially bypass the radiator.

None of the youtube videos show this cardboard baffle.

The baffle is on the drivers side of the radiator. Don't know the correct name for it.
    Any pictures mate?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0c5gp2ybx...0Pics.zip?dl=0

I've zipped these pics total size 0.6 MB and above is a link the zip file. I think you can download it to open it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CorsaRob Click here to enlarge
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0c5gp2ybx...0Pics.zip?dl=0

I've zipped these pics total size 0.6 MB and above is a link the zip file. I think you can download it to open it.
    Not sure of the phone you have. But if you download an app called TapaTalk you can search for the corsa D forum and upload pictures directly from your phone. This is how I'm talking to you. I cannot access that file on my.phone .

Pics are viewable from a desktop PC by clicking the link. Reading about Tapatalk, it seems that if you use Tapatalk then this forum loses the revenue they normally get from advertising. So if everyone used Tapatalk to access this forum it would probably shutdown due to revenue loss.

PROBLEM SOLVED: It is necessary to remove front bumper to access, remove and replace the sensor. The baffle is removed by gently guiding it out at the top and then bending it slightly out of the way.
    The retainer clip can only be removed using needle pliers by pulling it to front of car. Usefully there is a vertical steel pipe very close in line with the removal path of the retainer clip which makes a real struggle to replace the retainer clip. Pipe is either for air con cooler or auto-trans oil cooler.
    Don't bother trying any other way to replace this sensor.

Get the sensor from Autovaux as they know the correct sensor model for yr specific car. There are lots of different sensors on the market which are identical in external appearance. The sensor is matched to the temp setting specific to your car engine. I gave them VIN code, car reg no, engine model and that it had air con and auto trans.
    Super quick delivery with £1-50 Royal Mail 1st class.

Thanks for the both update glad y git it fixed and thanks for the detailed response how to fix it. It will surely help someone.

Thread Information