Gina. (Gt tdi golf) - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

No Iíll be taking it to vw to have it serviced. I want this car to have the best I can get for it. Plus I want to keep the service history.

I might do the video thing but itís so hard to capture a noise with a phone, plus people hear things differently. I might give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    No Iíll be taking it to vw to have it serviced. I want this car to have the best I can get for it. Plus I want to keep the service history.

I might do the video thing but itís so hard to capture a noise with a phone, plus people hear things differently. I might give it a go.

Fair enough mate. Just thought you doing yourself plus buying OEM parts will ensure the car is getting the best it can get really. Want something done right... )lol. Yeah i would take people's opinions with a pinch of salt bit you never know, may shine some light .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So I went to another trusted garage, to ask about the rattling noise and also to have the battery retested.

The noise, has now gone! It seems to have fixed itself. Obviously, Iíll keep an ear out for anything that sounds off again.
    The only thing the mechanic said, there was a loose connection on the solenoid that powers the HPFP, he unplugged it, cleaned the terminals and secured it back on.

I had the battery retested because once again the car nearly didnít start. It turns out that it was at 9.7v on standby, and 13.9 when the engine was running. Also the little glass window in the battery was red, this indicates it was indeed dead.

My mate has managed to get me a replacement battery with a 3year warranty from his trade account for £42! Itís the same spec as the last battery but is a cheap branded battery.

I was getting quotes for £80+ for a new battery, so to get one for £42, Iím well happy.

So at the moment, all is well. Iím trying to find some replacement wheel caps but Iím having difficulty finding some that fit.

Iíve got some pics to post which I took afew days ago, Iíll get them up asap.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Update time,

So I bought another set off wheel caps, this time I got standard black and chrome ones.
    Also they fit!!!!

Hereís a picture of them, excuse the alloys being dirty, Iíve not been able to wash the car due to the crazy weather we have been having.
    Click here to enlarge

Actually did a mod to the car today aswell.
    The mdi cable that plugs the iPhone to the radio, is under the arm rest, the problem with this, is that the cable is getting damaged by the arm rest.
    My plan today was to relocate the cable so it doesnít get damaged any further. Itís not completely finished as I need a rubber grommet to complete it.

So pictures of todayís work, excuse the roughness, I will be finishing it off very soon.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    My mod
    Click here to enlarge
    What I need but smaller to finish the job
    Click here to enlarge

I might get another aux in plug like in the pictures, drill out the center of it and then have that located next to the other one. The problem is, the two wires would still come out of the center part. Hmm

Iíve just ordered some rubber grommets, hopefully find the right size I need.
    Click here to enlarge

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So I ordered the pack of all sorted grommets at around 6pm yesterday and received it at 9am this morning. Amazing customer service from the company I ordered from.

So hereís some pictures of it all done.

Pack of grommets Click here to enlarge

BeforeClick here to enlarge

After Click here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 29-07-2019 at 21:10.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

With my iPhone plugged in, it sits perfectly on top of the sliding tray.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So Iím down to 200 miles for my next service. I had a look in the service book to see which service was next, low and behold, itís a major/full service.
    So I rang a vag approved service centre today to get Gina booked in.
    LVS in Lincoln £249 for the full service, is £100 cheaper than vw.
    This is booked in for a Saturday in September as thatís the choices for dates which are limited by my hours.

Other than this, Iíve just spent a week on holiday with family in Skegness, the drive there was faultless and I averaged 62.4mpg. Gina was parked at the apartment for a whole week and when it came to leave, she started straight up.

Gina is driving fine and Iím very happy with the car and the progress Iíve made.

Iím looking to upgrade the discs and pads soon, just need to measure the discs so I know which size to buy.

So you might remember I mentioned the undertray being loose and was missing some screws.
    A few weeks ago I had a quick look under the car and replaced 3 screws with ones I had laying around. This was a temporary fix until I could order some new screws and some penny washers.

I now have the parts I need, so Iíll be replacing all the undertray screws this weekend.
    Also whilst the tray is off, I might as well check for leaks, which Iím confident there isnít any, but Iíll check anyway.

Iíll take a few pictures and post on here once Iíve got it all done.

New screws and penny washers Iíll be using.
    Click here to enlarge

So you might remember I mentioned the undertray being loose and was missing some screws.
    A few weeks ago I had a quick look under the car and replaced 3 screws with ones I had laying around. This was a temporary fix until I could order some new screws and some penny washers.

I now have the parts I need, so Iíll be replacing all the undertray screws this weekend.
    Also whilst the tray is off, I might as well check for leaks, which Iím confident there isnít any, but Iíll check anyway.

Iíll take a few pictures and post on here once Iíve got it all done.

New screws and penny washers Iíll be using.
    Click here to enlarge

Glad everything is coming along with Gina. Why have you decided to get it serviced at garage? Didn't fancy giving it a go yourself?

Getting it done at a garage because I want the stamp in the book to preserve the full service history. I also donít have any software to run the fuel system to prime it once the fuel filter has been changed.
    So Iím leaving this car to the people who do have the right equipment.

Fair enough. I'm not so about the 'stamp' as u can get these made up. I would rather see invoices for parts with / reg on it showing that parts for a service were bought for my vehicle, meaning most likely it has the work done it was said. But either way isn't a grantee of proof to the next buyer. But I agree with the fuel filter / priming

Also planning on finally painting the brake calipers this weekend, really need to get this done asap.

Whilst the wheels are off for the caliper painting, I need to measure the discs so I can look at ordering upgraded discs and pads.

Also planning on finally painting the brake calipers this weekend, really need to get this done asap.

Whilst the wheels are off for the caliper painting, I need to measure the discs so I can look at ordering upgraded discs and pads.

Dego get some pics and processes of that. Would like vic how it's done

Will do, Iím just hoping for some nice weather over the weekend.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

First job done today, changing the screws on the undertray.
    The damage to the undertray that you can see, is what happens when it hangs low and scrapes on speed bumps, it looks worse on camera than it actually is.

So Iíll start with pictures of the old/missing screws, then pictures of the new screws fitted with penny washers.
    I also found that the 3 rear tray screws where different ones from the others, I had to find 3 new screws to fit.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

New screws fitted
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Old screws vs new ones Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 24-08-2019 at 14:48.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So thatís one job done, I did a visual inspection whilst the undertray was off, I didnít find any leaks, old oil or anything I need to worry about.

So hopefully Iíll be painting the calipers tomorrow,Going for red hammerite as Iíve done calipers with this paint before and never had any problems.

Last edited by corsaez; 24-08-2019 at 14:50.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Also today the car is now telling me to Ďservice nowí, I have got Gina booked in for a full/major service on Saturday 21st September, so she will be slightly over ( 50-60miles ) when she finally gets the service.
    Iím trying to limit my use (apart from going to and from work) until itís had the service.

So due to some personal things happening , I wasnít able to get the calipers painted yesterday, and with it being too hot today, Iím now looking at getting them painted next weekend instead.

Today Iím just enjoying the sun with a few friends and later on today Iíll be having a bbq tea.

Just a quick picture I took whilst parked at work this morning @ 5.30am. Click here to enlarge

Just a quick picture I took whilst parked at work this morning @ 5.30am. Click here to enlarge

A haha looks really nice man!

Today was the day of the major service, as mentioned a few weeks ago.

It all went fine with no issues, the car got a clean bill of health and my bank balance took a hit of £249 for the pleasure.

Iíve not done much recently due to work, itís the dreaded Xmas build up, back to 65-70hours a week again.

Iím looking at mods but work is taking priority at the moment.

Today was the day of the major service, as mentioned a few weeks ago.

It all went fine with no issues, the car got a clean bill of health and my bank balance took a hit of £249 for the pleasure.

Iíve not done much recently due to work, itís the dreaded Xmas build up, back to 65-70hours a week again.

Iím looking at mods but work is taking priority at the moment.

Always nice to know when your car has been serv8ced and running nice and healthy. Keep us posted w8th the mods

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So it's been awhile since I updated, to be honest, I've not done anything or bought anything to be able to update this. I've been working like mad and not having much time to do anything else.
    What I can say is, Gina is performing well and I'm loving driving the car as it is. I'm still wanting to get a remap done to get the most out of the engine, but I've not had time to go see anyone yet.
    I'm trying my best to keep Gina clean and looking her best , but the weather is always undoing my efforts. Lol

The only thing I'm looking to do this weekend, is to fit my subwoofer and amp in the boot, I'm missing the bass. The oem stereo and speakers are really good, but they don't give that low end bass I like. Again, this will get done if the weather is good.
    I'm not sure if to put pics up of fitting the sub and amp, I might do, I'll decide as I'm doing it.

Thread Information