Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Hi,
    Many of you will know I had/have a progress log on my corsa d (kermit the vxr rep). You will also know I've been on the forum for many years and I've enjoyed the advice, banter, help and general chat on here.
    After much soul searching and many years with my corsa, I decided it was time to move on and find something different.
    So before I start, the progress on this car might be abit slow, but I'll try to update it as much as possible.
    Lets begin..
    Ive just recently bought a 2011 vw mk6 golf gt tdi 140bhp with 66k miles. It comes in reflex silver and has air con, Bluetooth phone connection, alloy wheels and full service history.
    The car itself is standard and hasn't been modified as far as I can tell.
    I am going to modify the car or should I say enhance it, so I'm going to compile a list of mods I want (found below).

Mod list.
    Panel filter ( not sure which one yet )
    Lowering springs ( 30mm not sure which brand yet )
    18" Monza alloys ( from the golf gti )
    Front splitter
    All interior lights changed to led
    Car mats ( fitted )
    Seat handle insert badge ( fitted )
    Debadge the boot
    Dewiper the back
    Might get a different rear diffuser

Thinking of doing a red theme on the car, so red conduit for the engine bay and red trim bits.

Ive never owned a diesel car before, so i probably won't tinker too much with the engine.

So here's some pictures of her, I'll get some more posted soon and if any mods arrive, I'll update this log.
    Gina
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by corsaez; 24-07-2018 at 18:09.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    Hi,
    Many of you will know I had/have a progress log on my corsa d (kermit the vxr rep). You will also know I've been on the forum for many years and I've enjoyed the advice, banter, help and general chat on here.
    After much soul searching and many years with my corsa, I decided it was time to move on and find something different.
    So before I start, the progress on this car might be abit slow, but I'll try to update it as much as possible.
    Lets begin..
    Ive just recently bought a 2011 vw mk6 golf gt tdi 140bhp with 66k miles. It comes in reflex silver and has air con, Bluetooth phone connection, alloy wheels and full service history.
    The car itself is standard and hasn't been modified as far as I can tell.
    I am going to modify the car or should I say enhance it, so I'm going to compile a list of mods I want (found below).

Mod list.
    Panel filter ( not sure which one yet )
    Lowering springs ( 30mm not sure which brand yet )
    18" Monza alloys ( from the golf gti )
    Front splitter
    All interior lights changed to led
    Car mats ( already on order )
    Seat handle insert badge ( already on order )
    Debadge the boot
    Dewiper the back
    Might get a different rear diffuser
    Thinking of doing a red theme on the car, so red conduit for the engine bay and red trim bits.

Ive never owned a diesel car before, so i probably won't tinker too much with the engine.

So here's some pictures of her, I'll get some more posted soon and if any mods arrive, I'll update this log.
    Gina
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Assuming your on some vw forum now. If not would be good if u kept ur name similar golfez or.something to help others find u.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Iíve not joined any vw forums, Iíve had a look but they donít have the same feel as this forum does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Don't bother with panel filter as they nowt; diesels always operate with excess air so you can't improve the intake/power in that respect.

I'd seriously consider a tuning box or bluefin remap though; you'll gain about 30 hp, a load of torque and it'll be better on fuel too....will feel seriously quick then.

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk

https://www.tuning-diesels.com

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

To be honest, Iím still getting used to the power difference from the corsa to this, Iíve gone from 80bhp to 140bhp!

Iím probably not going to do much to the engine or performance to begin with, as I want to do some visual stuff first.

I will look into the bluefin/ remap stuff eventually, so thanks for the info.

Last edited by corsaez; 07-07-2018 at 12:09.

No worries.

Yeah 80 -140 is a fair jump! Click here to enlarge

DTUK Got one on the Corsa

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Seat inserts arrived
    Click here to enlarge
    Before
    Click here to enlarge
    After Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Hopefully my new car mats should arrive tomorrow.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

The mats arrived to my work address and I forgot to collect them before I came home yesterday .
    So I fitted them at work this morning.

Just a quick picture I took of them
    Click here to enlarge

Congrats on the new car. Good choice. Welcome to the dark side. Youíll enjoy the diesel. Especially MPG with some grunt. Overtaking will be much safer now. Go lookout for things to stay on top of. Also give the gearbox a fresh fill of oil. Make sure you use some Millers diesel power ecoMax every now and again or a full tank of premium diesel every now and again. This will keep the injectors clean. Look after the DPF - This car needs a boot every now and again to burn off soot. Constantly driving short trips is your worst enemy. Learn the warning sign for the DPF. once you see that you need to boot the car until it turns off. To keep your turbo going donít boot the car and then just stop and leave. You need to oil and coolant to circulate. Allow it to cool down by driving normally and this will keep it going longer.

Wow thankyou Wez so much for the advice, Iíll take each point on board. I kinda knew some of the things you mentioned anyway, but itís nice to hear someone pass on some brilliant advice.

Iím absolutely loving the car, the power and of course the mpg. Iíve been in Worksop today (family thing) and just coming down the A1 towards Lincoln I had the cruise control set at 70mph and was getting 64.5mpg.

It such a nice car to drive and I love being able to overtake without having to plan it 5 minutes in advance lol.

Iím planning some more smaller mods soon, so as usual, Iíll update asap.

I made the move to diesel and never looked back. Glad you are enjoying it. These cars are so mod-able. Sorry for the spelling etc in the last thread. Join a forum for some ideas.

Iím currently waiting for the really hot weather to cool off abit so I can detail Gina without sweating like mad.

Also Iíve found some damage on the car which is behind the lower grill. The aircon radiator and aircon pipe work have taken damage at some point by a small bump or something ( animal ) going through the lower grill.

Iíve explained to Perryís Doncaster about it and theyíve agreed to get the car in this Saturday to have it looked at.

I wish Iíd noticed it before I bought it, I could had used it to haggle more lol.

Hereís some pictures of the damage

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Hindsight is a great thing lol. So what u hoping for as a resolution. New condenser? New ac lines?

Yeah hopefully under warranty, after all they sold me the car with a presale inspection that didnít pick up the damage.

does the Aircon work

Yeah it all works with no leaks

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So Im at Perryís Doncaster with Gina, I just hope they replace the aircon pipe and radiator without any fuss.

From Lincoln to Doncaster, cruise control @70mph, 60+mpg
    Click here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 21-07-2018 at 10:58.

After being at Perryís Doncaster for 2 hours, hereís the verdict.

They are going to replace the following parts for free and it wonít affect my warranty.

Aircon condenser/radiator,
    Aircon front pipework,
    And a plastic bumper bracket which was also found to be damaged.

They agreed that the damage isnít my fault and it should have been picked up on the presale check.

Just got to wait for them to get the parts in and call me to book the car back in for the work to be carried out.

Iím very happy with the result.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    After being at Perryís Doncaster for 2 hours, hereís the verdict.

They are going to replace the following parts for free and it wonít affect my warranty.

Aircon condenser/radiator,
    Aircon front pipework,
    And a plastic bumper bracket which was also found to be damaged.

They agreed that the damage isnít my fault and it should have been picked up on the presale check.

Just got to wait for them to get the parts in and call me to book the car back in for the work to be carried out.

Iím very happy with the result.

Very very nice save about £220 - 400 there. Nice gain and result there.

Iím definitely pleased and also relieved that the damage is being fixed free of charge.
    I had almost accepted in my head, that it was going to come out of my warranty or Iíd probably have to contribute towards it.

Iím planning to uprate the headlight bulbs, I noticed the other night, the light output was very yellow and needs the alignment checking.

Pics and updates coming soon

Happy days and the Aircon will be fully charged saves you money in the future.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Bought some osram nightbreakers from ecp for £14.99. Also I had some spare t10 bulbs for the sidelights to match the new bulbs.

Click here to enlarge

Iíve got the main beam (H7) fitted but I canít get the side lights out to change them.
    Guess Iím gonna have to google to find out how.

No point doing a night time picture of the lights as we all know osram nightbreakers are very good bulbs.

After watching a YouTube channel, I finally managed to change the side lights.

Drivers side is original t10 bulb, passenger side is the new one.

The picture doesnít show much difference, but believe me, the new ones are much whiter.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information