Gina. (Gt tdi golf) - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

I also noticed today that my glove box light wasnít working.
    I found the bulb blown and was exactly the same type of bulb (t10) as the sidelight bulbs. So I used one of the old bulbs for it.
    Sorted, glovebox light works again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

If there is space chuck in T15 itís the same as T10 fitting but longer. I have cree leds for our new car. Itís like a reverse light.

Glad Perryís sorted that for you. At least itís saved you from it busting. How are you liking the Diesel? I see your MPG is awesome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Yeah Iím very happy with the car. The mpg is amazing, even when I give it a little boot up the bypass to work, itís still around 45-50mpg.

I made the right choice with this car, the only issue Iíve got is that Iím not sure what mods to get or how to search for the right mods for my model and engine. I know itís a mk6 gt tdi, but i donít know the body code or which engine code mine is. Iím a little confused, Iíve never owned a vw or a diesel before.

Iíve now registered my car with vw so if it has any recalls or whatever, Iíll get a letter from them.
    Whilst I was there I did ask if any recalls had been done or was outstanding, they told me that a software recall was done in August 2016 after the emission scandal but nothing else was outstanding.
    Iím a little worried about the software update as Iíve heard it has made some peopleís egr valves fail. I asked about this and the lady said that can do a free diagnostic on the egr and ecu to check if itís all ok.
    So the car is booked in for a free check and if it has messed the egr up, they have told me they will replace the egr and change the coding in the ecu to stop it happening again.

Iíve not had any problems with it so Iím sure itíll be fine.

Next update will be when the car has the aircon condenser/radiator replace at Perryís Doncaster on the 6th.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Thatís a pity as I would have refused the software update. Bet you are glad you spotted that damage.
    Last edited by WesBez; 29-07-2018 at 23:44.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So Iím at Perryís Vauxhall at Doncaster for Ginaís free replacement parts. Today the car is having a new aircon radiator/condenser, new aircon pipe work and a plastic bumper support bar.
    The car is running really good and Iím still enjoying the power and mpg.

My mate has taken a picture of the mpg this morning whilst we was on the A1.

I was cruising at 65-66mph with the cruise control on and got over 70mpg!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 01-09-2018 at 13:11.

Glad you are enjoying the car. Really good figures. Have you put in some fuel treatments yet?

No fuel treatments yet, only thing Iíve been using is shell v-power diesel, @ £1.42 per litre. Not cheap but I want to make sure I get the most out of the car in terms of performance and mpg. Iím very impressed with the mpg figures Iím getting.

New aircon radiator/condenser is fitted, new pipe work is fitted and plastic bumper support bar is fitted. I dropped the car off at 8am and had a call to collect it at 1pm.

So Iíll post some before and after pictures, although you canít see much.

Before Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

After Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

All the work was done free of charge and hasnít affected my warranty I have on it either.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Next is the diagnostic check on the egr, itís played up abit, by flashing the coil light, putting the car in limp mode and leaving an error code on the ecu.

Vw said that if it had left a code for the egr, they would honour the fact my car has had the software update from the diesel test emissions scandal, and replace the egr for free. They also said a software patch is now available to stop the issue as well.
    Gina is in on Tuesday 14th for the diagnostic and then hopefully very soon after, itíll go back for the work.

Iíll update asap

Last edited by corsaez; 07-08-2018 at 06:07.

Probably just needs cleaned out - are they fairly accessible on that engine?

I had to do my Mondeo one at 40k ish and it was clogged with crap...think the hole had basically shrunk by 50% doe to the amount of oily soot that was caked up in there - e.g.;

Click here to enlarge

From what Iíve been told, my egr is located at the back of the engine near the firewall. Apparently you have to remove other parts to access it. I was told itís a 2 hour job to remove it. Iíll just let vw techs do it lol, especially if itís being done for free.

Sounds like a similar position to the focus we had - yeah definitely let someone else do it if you can!

Its minging cleaning one out as well!

I cleaned the egr twice on the corsa, so yeah I know how mucky the job is.

This morning, Gina is with vw for a free egr diagnostic check, they said itíll take a couple of hours.
    The flashing coil light has been on once since 4 weeks ago, so Iím assuming it will have left a code. I resisted the urge to check it with my code reader.

I should know more in afew hours.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So itís definitely an egr fault, vw Lincoln have confirmed they will replace the egr completely free of charge. Itís booked in for the 31st of this month for the work.

Last edited by corsaez; 14-08-2018 at 16:35.

Just a quick pic from very early this morning Click here to enlarge

Package arrived today, something small Iíd ordered for Gina,

Cup holder/bottle opener.(£3.49)
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

So recently I started to notice an odd smell coming from my air vents whenever I turned on the ac. The smell was only for afew seconds but was quite pungent.
    Because Iíve never had aircon before, I asked my mate who works at a tyre fitters, for advice.
    He said that itís a bacterial buildup with the aircon filter area.
    He advised me to change the cabin filter and to spray a disinfectant mist inside the filter housing.

Iíve just been outside, removed the cabin filter, sprayed some disinfectant inside the housing, waited 5 minutes for the spray to dissipate and then fitted the new filter in.

Iíve just had the car running with the aircon on and I can honestly say, it smells a lot better.

Iíve added some pictures of my old cabin filter and the new filter.

Old clogged up filter
    Click here to enlarge

Old vs new filter
    Click here to enlarge

Gina is at vw Lincoln today, to have a new egr fitted. Iíve been told itís a 4-5 hour job, so Iím just hanging around Lincoln shops until itís ready for collection.

I do plan on debadging the boot later on today, to remove the Golf and 2.0 tdi badges but leaving the centre badge, as its part of the boot handle system.

Egr has been replaced and Gina drives and feels exactly the same, I didnít expect any change in performance etc etc anyway.

So after collecting Gina around 4pm, I came home and decided that I was going to remove the rear badges like I mentioned earlier.

Iíll list what I used,

Dental floss,
    Full kettle of boiling water,
    Autoglym tar remover,
    Meguires scratch remover and pad,
    Poor boys black hole polish,
    Auto finesse glisten spray wax.

The whole process took about an hour and luckily I didnít have to use a toffee wheel, as the badges came off with ease.

Before
    Click here to enlarge
    After
    Click here to enlarge

Glad you got the EGR sorted. Have you given the car a full service yet? Change the oil regularly. 10k. Car looks better semi debadged.

It had an oil, filter, air filter and diesel filter change before I collected it. Iím going to keep the service book fully updated and Iím using an app that tracks your cars requirements using a obd tool that vw are handing out for free.

The next thing on my list is the belt and water pump to be changed, vw have a set price for it depending on engine size and engine code. I think the lady said mine was £449 all in.

Iím gonna have to save for afew weeks for that, definitely getting that done before the end of the year.

Just paid for a mk6 gti gear knob and gaiter, absolute bargain from eBay. Hopefully itíll arrive on saturday. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information