Gina. (Gt tdi golf) - Page 6

User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Forgot to update this lastnight,
    my rear shocks arrived lastnight, one day after the other parts arrived. So finally I have a full set of front and rear shocks and my new springs.

Iím going to see the garage today to get the car booked in for everything to be fitted asap.

Iím not going to dwell on the fact itís taken 6weeks and 5 phone calls to get my parts, but Iím currently writing a letter of complaint to the manager/owner of demontweeks about my customer experience with them.

Updates and pics to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

The alloys are indeed diamond cut ones, I really like them but they have very bad lacquer peel and various curb marks. I’ve spoken to afew wheel refurb places and received afew quotes. The tyres I want are uniroyal rainsport 3, But I’m open to suggestions. The tyre size is 225/40/18 xl 92y.

Last edited by corsaez; 23-03-2019 at 12:04.

They are also decent tyres youíve mentioned. I edited my post with some other options.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

When the time comes to buy some tyres Iíll be checking out the various options available.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So I had some time today to give Gina a quick maintenance wash and wax. Only spent afew hours this time but the results are very good. Iím finding silver a hard colour to get a glossy reflection from, but it does come up well.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Looks good man. Vag cars all the way.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Received a small package through the post on Friday, red anodised engine bolts. I bought them from wish for £1.50. I thought Iíd try them and see how they looked.
    Hereís some before and after pictures.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 31-03-2019 at 15:21.

Nice touch

So with my MOT on Friday next week and not being able to get the car booked in for the new suspension fitted till after the MOT date, I decided to fit just the new rear shockers today.

I knew they was knackered but I was shocked to find how knackered they was.
    Basically when the shaft was compressed by hand, which I was able to do with one hand, the shaft failed to rise even after 5 minutes.

Picture of the old shocker next to the new one. Click here to enlarge

New shocker fitted (both sides but only took one picture) Click here to enlarge

So to sum up, Iíve only fitted the rear shockers to get it through the MOT. The eibach springs and front bilstein B4 shocks will be fitted in afew weeks time. I donít have spring compressors to do the fronts shockers hence why I didnít do all the work myself.

Mot day.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon, checking bulbs, topping up fluids, filling the car with v-power and going on a long run up the A1, all in readiness for the mot this morning.

Gina was dropped off at 8.30am and I went off to the nearest Tesco for a breakfast whilst waiting to hear of Ginaís fate.

At 9.15am I received a call to say my car was ready for collection and that it had passed with no advisories.

The mot tester actually praised the car saying it was a very clean car for its age, and that Iíd done well to find one so clean underneath for its age.

So yeah Gina has passed and I couldnít be happier.

Great news! I hate MOT day...most nerve-wracking day of the year!

Yeah I agree, normally mot day means having to splash out on parts at an unknown cost. Itís such a hassle.

Iím just glad itís done for another year.

Just a small mod for Gina.
    I was sick of my fone sliding around on top of the ashtray, so I bought a custom fit rubber mat. Click here to enlarge

Just a quick update,

Gina is booked in to have the front bilstein b4ís and the eibach springs fitted on Friday 17th may. Finally!!

So Gina is now with the guys at Vag auto care in Lincoln. The bilstein shocks and eibach springs get fitted today. Just gotta wait afew hours now until I get the phone call.
    Iíve taken some before pics and Iíll post these with comparison pictures later today.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    Mot day.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon, checking bulbs, topping up fluids, filling the car with v-power and going on a long run up the A1, all in readiness for the mot this morning.

Gina was dropped off at 8.30am and I went off to the nearest Tesco for a breakfast whilst waiting to hear of Ginaís fate.

At 9.15am I received a call to say my car was ready for collection and that it had passed with no advisories.

The mot tester actually praised the car saying it was a very clean car for its age, and that Iíd done well to find one so clean underneath for its age.

So yeah Gina has passed and I couldnít be happier.

Yeah Mot day still has me nervous like I'm. Taking an exam. I here people take the car for a.long run up motorways etc b4 mot what is the purpose of this?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Basically it gets the cat nice and hot so it clears any soot/carbon out of the exhaust. Itís supposed to help the emissions. I did it to make sure the dpf was clear and wouldnít kick in on the actual mot test. I donít know if u actually need to do it, but it canít harm it.

Last edited by corsaez; 17-05-2019 at 13:33.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So the bilstein b4ís are fitted along with the eibach pro 30mm springs.
    Honestly in person it is definitely lower and in afew weeks the suspension will settle. In photos though, itís hard to capture the difference in height with it only being 30mm lower than before.

So for now Iím going to wait afew weeks for it to settle and then Iíll get some pics up that hopefully will be noticeable.

I can honestly say the ride quality feels so much better, itís rolls less when cornering, and when braking it doesnít nosedive like it used to before.
    I did pay extra to have the front mount strut top bearings replaced, as one was rusted badly and the other one fell apart once it was removed.
    So basically my suspension is brand new all round.

Iím very happy.

Tomorrow Iím taking my 18Ē monza alloys to Dexel to have the tyres removed, ready to be taken to a wheel refurb shop in sleaford very soon. My mate works there and wants the old tyres. Iíll post some pics

Last edited by corsaez; 17-05-2019 at 19:02.

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

Today I took my 18Ē monza reps to dexel to have the tyres removed. My mate took some pics of them to show how bad they are. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

As you can see, they are pitted, curbed, corroded and scratched. The question is, are they too badly damaged to be diamond cut?!
    I guess Iíll find out very soon.

Small update,
    Due to the weather and the fact Iíve been doing 70hr weeks again, Iíve not had chance to take pictures of the suspension drop. As you are aware, itís only a 25-30mm drop, on camera it wonít look much, in person, you can definitely see a difference. Iíll try get some very soon.

The gti monza reps are now at a wheel refurbishing place in saxilby. I spoke to the owner afew weeks ago and he asked me to bring the wheels down. So this morning, I took them in for his assessment. So good and bad news time.

Good news, they can be repaired,
    Bad news, they canít be diamond cut again.

Turns out the wheels have been diamond cut/refurbished before and he said even though itís a small amount thatís taken off, it weakens the alloy.

So Iíve opted for a repair and complete colour spray.

My alloys
    Click here to enlarge
    The colour or similar Iíve chosen,
    Click here to enlarge

Hopefully these will be ready within the next 3 weeks, so Iím on the lookout for some tyres for them .

Gina. (Gt tdi golf)

So after a lengthy search online for some decent tyres for a good price, Iíve managed to find. Uniroyal rainsport 3ís 225/40/18 xl tyres for £61 each!
    Iíve ordered them using camskills website.

So all in
    4x rainsport 3 = £243.80
    Delivery cost = £15.80

Total =£259.60

Click here to enlarge

Last edited by corsaez; 16-06-2019 at 09:27.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by corsaez Click here to enlarge
    So after a lengthy search online for some decent tyres for a good price, Iíve managed to find. Uniroyal rainsport 3ís 225/40/18 xl tyres for £61 each!
    Iíve ordered them using camskills website.

So all in
    4x rainsport 3 = £243.80
    Delivery cost = £15.80

Total =£259.60

Click here to enlarge

Looking nice they will

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I canít wait!
    I thought I wasnít going to see these alloys on the car until winter time, but with the 70 hour weeks Iíve been doing recently, I can afford to get them refurbished and new tyres fitted.
    Iíve ordered some new center caps for the alloys aswell, they should arrive this week.

Also this weekend, if the weather is ok, Iíll get the callipers painted.

More updates to come very soon.

Iím shocked,
    The tyres arrived at work today and then 10 minutes later, the new center caps arrived.

Just got to wait for the wheels to be done (2-3weeks) and then I can get it all put together and fitted to Gina.

So excited!!

Rainsport 3ís just sat chilling in my bathroom.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information