Hard brake pedal???

User Tag List

Thread: Hard brake pedal???

Hard brake pedal???

Hey guys.

Speaking on behalf of a friend

Has a 1.2 2011 corsa D.

He has a really hard brake pedal to press. It still stops the car but the little amount of pressure u have to apply to stop the car is as if he has had NEW brake pads fitted but his brake pads and discs are low and could do with replacing. He mentioned once that he was coming do a hill and needed top the the car with the handbrake once as brakes didn't respond.

Any ideas on this check / inspect to find to find the culprit?

Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by everson38 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys.

Speaking on behalf of a friend

Has a 1.2 2011 corsa D.

He has a really hard brake pedal to press. It still stops the car but the little amount of pressure u have to apply to stop the car is as if he has had NEW brake pads fitted but his brake pads and discs are low and could do with replacing. He mentioned once that he was coming do a hill and needed top the the car with the handbrake once as brakes didn't respond.

Any ideas on this check / inspect to find to find the culprit?

Thanks all

Two anyone who who sees this and has a similar problem. It was the abs pump. We thought caliper. But disconnected brakes lines.from abs and pressed brake pedal and one one of them knowing flowed. On the side of the abs pump their should be a number. As long as you match this number to another abs pump you will be fine to simply plug and play. Got my friends off ebay and works fine till this day (so I assume as not heard from.him) quite an easy job also just be sure to have all the tools and a Haynes manual (KEY: 11MM flare nut 6 sided wrench) .

Thread Information