engine belt and brake fluid regular maintenance

User Tag List

Thread: engine belt and brake fluid regular maintenance

engine belt and brake fluid regular maintenance

Hi
    I have a Corsa D 1.4 2008 , 75000 km (46000 miles) , I don`t maintain it in Opel service in my country for a reason (not important), so I need advice for regular engine belt or belts and brake fluid change intervals and maintenance. When is it time to replace these ,my service plan book does not give much details . I don`t know a lot about this so I am hoping for help. Thank you .

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Your car is prefacelift so will be the "twinport" engine like in the older Corsa.

It has a timing chain not a belt.

The chains are meant to last the lifetime but they can stretch and get noisy. Also apparently the tensioners are rubbish so the stretched chains can also jump teeth on the timing sproket and knock the timing out.

You should have it changed earlier than Opel recommend, i would say around 60k miles to be safe...and use a full timing kit including the tensioners.

Brake fluid change is every 2 years iirc...i'd do yours as its 10 years old.

Only other belt in the aux belt...if its not cracked then it'll be ok but as its 10 years old i'd have that done.

I appreciate the detailed explanation u33db.

Thread Information