Squeal/Shrieking noise

User Tag List

Thread: Squeal/Shrieking noise

Squeal/Shrieking noise

Me again. Got more problems with my bloody car. Got a Squealing/Shrieking noise and it seems to happen when the turbo spools up under load around 2000rpm then it goes, it's only squeals for a few seconds then stops. If the car is idling and revved it doesn't do it. I have a feeling the turbo bearings or something in the turbo is shagged. If it is the turbo, wouldn't it make the noise constantly when the turbo is in play?

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Does it only do it when pulling away - if so i would suggest clutch release bearing instead.

Nah, it only does it when driving under load, no noise when pulling away. If I drive gaining the revs slowly it won't do it but if I gain revs fast it'll make the squeal/squeak/whistle noise at 2000rpm then it'll stop then it'll make the noise again at 3000rpm then stop just after. I've checked all hoses and they seem fine, I did have to add an extra T-Clamp to one of the intercooler hoses though as it was dripping oil but that didn't resolve it. I've had the water pump and auxiliary belt changed but it's still doing it. Next step tomorrow is to take the EGR valve off and reseal the joints. If that doesn't work then I'm stuck. Only thing to check will be the turbo/manifold gaskets but they're behind pipes and heat shields so that'll be an interesting job.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

EGR sealed and its still squeaking. Starting to **** me off now. Can't find any boost or exhaust leaks. Seems likes it's coming from the front nearside. Has to be some sort of leak as it only does it when the engine is under load. Any opinions on what else it could be and how to diagnose it? Thanks.

Thread Information