Why does the trip odometer show different readings when I fill the tank up to full

User Tag List

Thread: Why does the trip odometer show different readings when I fill the tank up to full

Why does the trip odometer show different readings when I fill the tank up to full

Just wondering. How come when I put a full tank of petrol in. My corsa d 1.2. Why does the tank show the miles left in the tank differently sometimes. When I fill the petrol up to full. I always fill the petrol up till full. And each time sometimes. It says different readouts on a full tank of fuel that is left in tank

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Depends how you have been driving. It’s a estimate. The trip computer will then calculate based on that.

Ps fixed your title.

It does depend on how you have been driving. You will notice it if you have been doing a lot of town miles then fill up.
    Jump on the motorway and drive steadily for 100 miles. Your fuel range will probably higher after 100 miles than before you started because the car is doing a lot more miles to the gallon.

I used to tell the kids that the Vectra was sucking fuel from wagons on the motorway as the range increased from 400 to 500 miles. You can actually watch it increase, although you should be watching the road obviously!

Thread Information