Wiper arm problem

User Tag List

Thread: Wiper arm problem

Wiper arm problem

Some scumbag decided it would be funny to roll over the bonnet Click here to enlarge (at least we guess from the marks on the car, it was needing washed) of my wifes '62 plate 1.7CDTi SRi and leave the wipers in a hell of a state, all twisted and sticking up at the wrong angle. Click here to enlarge

I've repaired everything the best I can but, the drivers arm is now travelling further than it should and slapping the 'A' pillar. I tried adjusting the arm but then the two wipers would clash on the bottom part of the sweep. The passengers arm has started to scratch the screen despite my best efforts at returning it to its original position. Possibly two spindles needed? Click here to enlarge

I removed the scuttle to check the linkages out as much as I can and noticed that the drivers spindle seems to allow the pin to drop through and move up and down more than I suspect it should, it would certainly explain the excessive wiper arm movement on the o/side. I always thought that the spindle pin was locked in place to prevent any lateral movement? unfortunately, it is no longer. The passengers one seems to be fine, I think the wiper arm has taken the brunt of the damage there which would also explain the scratches on the glass.

Anyone else suffered the same and perhaps know Click here to enlarge if a new o/s spindle can be bought on its own or, are we looking at having to replace the full linkage set?

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to have wasted your time chaps and chapesses, I was looking on E-bay to see what's available to hopefully repair Swmbo's car and discovered that the linkage can only be purchased as an assembly.

Fortunately they don't seem to be extortionate, so, it looks as though that's what I'll be buying.

Oh the joys of motoring! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Jimbo2511; 08-12-2018 at 20:18.

Glad you got sorted in the end.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

New motor, linkage assembly and blades fitted, problems solved. Thank goodness.

Thread Information