Corsa D wheelnut security keys are junk - and overpriced junk

User Tag List

Thread: Corsa D wheelnut security keys are junk - and overpriced junk

Corsa D wheelnut security keys are junk - and overpriced junk

I've just had to buy yet another wheelnut key and with just one attempt the new key is falling apart.

These keys cost up to £45.

Whatever they are made of (lead ?) they are weak and woeful and not fit for purpose. The wall is about 3-4mm and there is not enough key to move a wheelnut with enough force. Plus the angle of the wheelbrace encourages a loose connection.

Just what the hell are Vauxhall doing with all this new tat they are making their cars and parts with ?

Because my wheels have a moving ring on the outside, I am going to have to actually weld a nut onto the bolt to get the bloody things off.
    Last edited by Tarquin FinTimLimBim; 03-06-2019 at 13:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

No your Pain my Last Vauxhall Bought it Brand new went to u do a Wheel but And Snap it’s like it’s made of Lead

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ffrs1444 Click here to enlarge
    No your Pain my Last Vauxhall Bought it Brand new went to u do a Wheel but And Snap it’s like it’s made of Lead
    I've just checked with my Vernier scale ( I used to work in engineering) and the security key depth is 3.5mm ! The bloody torque for roadwheel nuts is 81lbs according to Haynes manual.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Managed to get the last offending security wheel nut/bolt off using a 'snap on' breaker bar and proper socket. But just how many drivers have those in the car all the time, in case they acquire a puncture and need to get the wheel off ? Security bolts have been binned for normal wheel nuts.

All Locking Wheel nuts Shouldn’t be as Tight as the other nuts

Thread Information