Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

User Tag List

Thread: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Hello
    I have a 2016 Corsa - I recently went to have my tyres changed and the fitter told me that my front tyres didn't have the correct valve for the TPMS - and that it seems the feature had been disabled in the car. Sure enough, he was correct - the rear tyres have the correct valve, where as the front has standard rubber valves, without TPMS.

Also, since owning the car, my tyres have deflated a few times but I've never been notified on the dash - so I can only assume the fitter is correct and the feature has been disabled.

This is odd behaviour but I suspect it was something to do with the garage I purchased it from. So my question now really is how do I go about rectifying this? Is it simply a case of getting some new valves and having it re-enabled - can I re-enable it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mbrunt Click here to enlarge
    Hello
    I have a 2016 Corsa - I recently went to have my tyres changed and the fitter told me that my front tyres didn't have the correct valve for the TPMS - and that it seems the feature had been disabled in the car. Sure enough, he was correct - the rear tyres have the correct valve, where as the front has standard rubber valves, without TPMS.

Also, since owning the car, my tyres have deflated a few times but I've never been notified on the dash - so I can only assume the fitter is correct and the feature has been disabled.

This is odd behaviour but I suspect it was something to do with the garage I purchased it from. So my question now really is how do I go about rectifying this? Is it simply a case of getting some new valves and having it re-enabled - can I re-enable it?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    You should take the car back to where you got it from as it should still be under warranty. They need to put tyres on with the vauxhall tmps inside of them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks - the car is not under warranty.

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

The car should be. All new cars in first 3 years come with manufacturer warranty (for future ref). If you bought car from a private dealer I. E not a vauxhall dealer. You should still argue that they sold you the car with this issue and needs to be rectified. If not you'll take it too watch dog. But for anything else you still have your manufacturer warranty meaning you can take your car into vauxhall and have it repaired by warranty covered problems.

Thanks - however I'm sure my car is not under warranty. I'm aware they come with 3 years warranty in the UK, but my car is older than 3 years.

What I'm after is info on how I can fix this myself/with little cost.

Thanks

Well if your car us a 2016. It should expire this year. But if u don't want to go back to where u bought it from and see what they say. You will need to do something like this

https://youtu.be/cpVTh158FjM

https://youtu.be/PDpDma-p2yk

But bare in.mind to do it yourself it will cost a couple hundred to get all tools / tmps OEM vauxhall ones. And you would need to get them relearner to the vehicle. This maybe be able to be done via the car but if not it will require a scan tool software (vauxhall or a decent garage should have).

Hi,

The car was registered at the beginning of 2016, meaning the warranty expires at the beginning of 2019 - we're now in June so I can assure you there is no warranty.

Sadly the garage where I purchased it from has also gone!

Thanks

Thread Information