Oil Pressure Issues !

User Tag List

Thread: Oil Pressure Issues !

Oil Pressure Issues !

Hi guys

I was driving into work this morning and had a red oil light illuminate on the dashboard, which I believe is an oil pressure warning.

When the car drops below 1000rpm the light comes on, when the car exceeds about 1500rpm the light goes off (regardless if the car is moving or not).

I thought this could be a faulty pressure senor but wasn't sure as the warning light is coming on/off and is not stuck on constantly. Is there any method of checking this without taking it to a garage to be charged for something I could potentially diagnose at home? Or would people recommend to first change the senor and go from there?

Has anyone else experienced this before or have any tips?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HarryR Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys

I was driving into work this morning and had a red oil light illuminate on the dashboard, which I believe is an oil pressure warning.

When the car drops below 1000rpm the light comes on, when the car exceeds about 1500rpm the light goes off (regardless if the car is moving or not).

I thought this could be a faulty pressure senor but wasn't sure as the warning light is coming on/off and is not stuck on constantly. Is there any method of checking this without taking it to a garage to be charged for something I could potentially diagnose at home? Or would people recommend to first change the senor and go from there?

Has anyone else experienced this before or have any tips?

Thanks.
    You could do an oil pressure test on it but you need to buy one of those kits only about 20 pound but it's waiting for that. You can replace the as they are cheap enough but the tester will inform you the car does have low pressure which ten it could e a faulty oil pump

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oil pump is failing, or its relief overflow valve

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by everson38 Click here to enlarge
    You could do an oil pressure test on it but you need to buy one of those kits only about 20 pound but it's waiting for that. You can replace the as they are cheap enough but the tester will inform you the car does have low pressure which ten it could e a faulty oil pump

I've ordered up a new pressure sensor to pick up this evening after work and ill give that try start with the cheapest first and go from there!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HarryR Click here to enlarge
    I've ordered up a new pressure sensor to pick up this evening after work and ill give that try start with the cheapest first and go from there!
    No worries Harry keep us posted how you get on.

[QUOTE=everson38;2262712]No worries Harry keep us posted how you get on.

Sent from my SM-G900F

I fitted the new pressure switch this morning and took it for a test drive and seems to have solved the issue (thank god)! The old sensor must have developed a fault. Thanks for the comments anyway guys!

Thread Information