Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Oil Pressure Issues !

18K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  everson38 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I was driving into work this morning and had a red oil light illuminate on the dashboard, which I believe is an oil pressure warning.

When the car drops below 1000rpm the light comes on, when the car exceeds about 1500rpm the light goes off (regardless if the car is moving or not).

I thought this could be a faulty pressure senor but wasn't sure as the warning light is coming on/off and is not stuck on constantly. Is there any method of checking this without taking it to a garage to be charged for something I could potentially diagnose at home? Or would people recommend to first change the senor and go from there?

Has anyone else experienced this before or have any tips?

Thanks.

#2 ·
You could do an oil pressure test on it but you need to buy one of those kits only about 20 pound but it's waiting for that. You can replace the as they are cheap enough but the tester will inform you the car does have low pressure which ten it could e a faulty oil pump

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.