Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Washer jets not working

39K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  craigv60 
#1 ·
Hi

any ideas why my washer jets wouldn't work. It's filled with antifreeze screenwash, I can hear the motor running. A very very small amount of screen wash cones out of the rear washer but none out of the front.

I doubt it's frozen as it used to work at +2 degrees.

Phil

#7 ·
If this helps maybe?

Hi guys
I managed to just release the two screws holding wheelarch trim on and with the wheel turned in, was able to pull the trim out so far, taking care not to crease it and then have access to the pump at the bottom of the washer reservoir, albeit limited. I was then able to push it upwards without removing the pipes, remove the filter, wash it and flush reservoir and replace on my own in about 10 mins. A good couple of large serving spoons worth of snotty crap came out.
Bit awkward getting my big hams in there but was worth the effort to save a lot of time and do it single handed.
Wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the great photo tutorial though. Thanks!
If it saves anyone a bit of time then I'll be pleased.
Still works great a few weeks later.

#8 ·
Hi guys
I managed to just release the two screws holding wheelarch trim on and with the wheel turned in, was able to pull the trim out so far, taking care not to crease it and then have access to the pump at the bottom of the washer reservoir, albeit limited. I was then able to push it upwards without removing the pipes, remove the filter, wash it and flush reservoir and replace on my own in about 10 mins. A good couple of large serving spoons worth of snotty crap came out.
Bit awkward getting my big hams in there but was worth the effort to save a lot of time and do it single handed.
Wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the great photo tutorial though. Thanks!
If it saves anyone a bit of time then I'll be pleased.
Still works great a few weeks later.
Thanks for these tips - I did this job last night in 20 minutes start to finish by following these instructions. The filter is pretty crap, no wonder it gets blocked easily.

THere's no need to disconnect the wiring or pipes from the pump. I found the only fiddly bit was pushing the pump back into the filter, as the pump has to align with the recess in the washer bottle, so you have to lift the pump up higher than you think you need to, to get it to fit properly. Sorted it after a couple of minutes of swearing, though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.