The Vauxhall lifetime warrenty

User Tag List

Thread: The Vauxhall lifetime warrenty

The Vauxhall lifetime warrenty

Heres the terms for the "lifetime warranty"

This warranty document pertains to Lifetime warrenty.
    For details relating to our standard warrenty, please refer to your service and warrenty booklet that is provided with your glovebox literature.
    This warrenty provided by the manufacturer does not adversly affect you statutory rights of the purchaser against the seller and give remedies in addition to those against the seller under the contract of sale. Claims by the purchaser, in particular for a defect on a vehicle, against the selling Vuaxhall distributor remain unaffected by the warrenty.

General motors UK Limited and its successors in title (hereinafter called "Vauxhall") warrants for vehicles of their manufacture;
    1. 12 months, without limitation of mileage, from the date the vehicle is delivered to the original purchaser by the Authorised Distributor, as stated in the warrenty booklet.
    2. Between13 and 36 months with a limitation of 60,000 miles, whatever comes first.
    3. Beyond the limit of a)60,000 miles and b)36 months, whichever comes first for the lifetime of the vehicle to the first registered owner of the vehicle or until the new vehicle has been driven 100,000 miles, under the terms and conditions stated below.
    4. All derivatives of Movano, Vivaro, Combo and all car derived vans are not eligible for Lifetime warrenty.

1. Lifetime Warrenty for the first registered owner.
    1.1 Duration of the warrenty, dependance on first owner
    Vauxhall undertakes that each new motor vehicle supplied theron by Vauxhall as original equipment will be free from defect in material or workmanship according to the state of the art under normal use and service for an uinlimited time period and a maximum of 100,000 miles
    The warrenty is valid for the first registered owner of the vehicle who bought the vehicle at a Vauxhall Authorised Retailer.
    The warrenty starts with the date of delivery by the Vauxhall retailer or date of first registration, whatever comes first.
    1.2 Coverage of the Lifetime Warrenty
    The warrenty applies to free of charge repair of the vehicle by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer, i.e. Vauxhalls obligations under this warrenty being limited to repairing or replacing at its opinion any parts by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The repair or replacement of defective parts under this undertaking will be made by the Authorised Repairer to whom the vehicle is returned, free of charge to the customer.

For the parts fitted during a repair, until expiry of the warrenty mileage limitation according to Paragraph 1, the same warrenty is gven as for the motor vehicle, i.e. the warrenty is not extended by the repair or replacement of parts even for the parts rectified or replaced. Replaced parts become the property of Vauxhall.

Warrenty claims can only be made on presentaion of the certificate of Lifetime warrenty and the Service and warrenty booklet with the international warrenty certificate completed and signed by the supplying Vauxhall Authorised Retailer. Lifetime warrenty cover is also dependant upon the confrimation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommended servicing schedule.

Vauxhall reserves the right to appoint its own engineer to inspect the vehicle prior to any repair or replacement of part(s) covered.

Vauxhall at its discretion may elect to agree with the owner a value for the vehicle in case the parts and labour cost of the repair exceeds the economic vale of the vehicle, or in case the parts are no longer available.
    Covered components of the Lifetime Warrenty
    The Lifetime Warrenty is valid only for the following components of the vehicle:
    1. Engine and transmission and electronic parts of the powertrainsuch as ECU
    2. Powertrain: drive shafts, differential gears, electronic parts of the powertrain
    3. Steering: steering gear, pump, electronic parts of the steering system
    4. Brake system: ABS/ESP system including hydraulic unit, brake booster, main and wheel brake cyliinders, vacuum pump, brake proportioning valve
    5. Fuel systems: fuel pump, injector pump, electronic parts of the fuel injection systems
    6. Exhaust system: turbo charger including actuator, electronic parts of the exhaust system. Lamba Sond
    7. Cooling system: radiator, heater core, thermostat, water pump, radiator for the automatic transmission, cooling fan
    8. Safety systems: electronic control unit for airbags and seat belt pretensioners
    9. Air conditioning: compressor, evaporator, condenser, fan
    10. Electrical equipment: electronic control units excluding navigation, lighting and radar system, but including repair by flashing new software, generator, starter, electronic parts of the ignition system, ignition wiring, central electric units, instrument cluster unit, board computer, wiper motors, heating ventilator, horn, electronic parts of the window lifters, front/rear window heaters (excluding breakage), electronic parts of the sunroof, the central door locking and the convertible roof.

Wiring harnesses, hoses and connectors are excluded

Furthermore, not covered are all service maintenance repairs and wear and tear parts as mentioned in section 3 of the vauxhall Warrenty terms. Excluded is the replacement of components that have failed due to wwear and tear.

The warrenty does not extend to the fixing of consequential damage caused by the above mentioned covered components.
    1.3 Customer duties to retain warrenty
    The lifetime warranty is dependant on an annual visit of the vehicle to a Vauxhall authorised repairer who will activate and validate the warrenty extension for another year starting from the new activation date.

Activation and validation of the warrenty is required every 12 months.

This can only be carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised repairer.

The activation and validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date of the preceding certificates expiry date.

Annual activation and validation of the lifetime warrenty cover is also dependant upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommended servicing schdule. Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any time during the warrenty period.
    1.4 Data protection
    The activation and validation of the Lifetime Warrenty requires Vauxhall to maintain personal data of the owner. General Motors UK Limited ("GMUK") will never sell your information on. We would like to use your information to keep you informed about our new products, services, special offers and to measure and improve how we service you. Your information will only be disclosed to GMUK, its affiliated or associated companies. retailers and companies working on behalf of GMUK.

60 Arden Blue Corsa VXR STOLEN

RIP BINGO999Click here to enlarge

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

April 2009 Feature Car
    i posted it on vxronline also mate.
    REGAL AUTOSPORT
    THE KING OF VAUXHALL TUNERS
    02380 558636

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wayne/vxr Click here to enlarge
    i posted it on vxronline also mate.
    Click here to enlarge

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Remember guys this warrenty is only applicable for vehicles first registered after August 2010

And only applies to the first registered owner.

And it's not really for a lifetime, 100,00 miles which is around 10 years for the average driver or probably half that for a driver in a in a diesel motor!!!

DayVe
    100K is pretty good to be fair . . . One of the reasons Ive ordered one! Does suck the way its only applicable for the first registered owner though.

+1......................Vauxhall are onto a winner!!!

Soooo... do modifications to the car void the warranty or no?

I would imagine it's the same as before, i.e messing with the engine and similar.
    Depends what you want to mod :lol: - If they can say you caused it they will!

but any body kit added to the carr, they wont like basically say f**k of your warranties gone will they?
    engine wise il leav it be for now haha

They cant refuse a warranty claim unless it is likely that the modifications have an effect on the fault, some dealers will try though.

ok thanks for help both (:

Quick question, if you fit HID's does this affect your warranty? Cheers.
    'hats off as you actually managed to make the facelift look very sexy'
    Click here to enlarge

They call me
    Chic.
    Big
    Chic.

it did for my 206 but now hearing HIDs being made illegal as of jan 2012 unsure if this is just England though as Scottish law is diffrent

I just bought my corsa . salesman said it,s a lifetime /100.000 miles mechanical warranty only. so any mods to bodywork or lights should not
    effect the warranty..

its not worth the paper its writern on

Quick one, it says hoses are excluded, does this mean I can fit samco/roose/forge hoses and it wont void warranty?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Banned User
    Lol at vx warranty

They laughed in my face when my gearbox clutch and flywheel went on the Astra 1 month after warranty run out

There is no warranty mate it's a Sales pitch

Everything's excluded lol

Yayyy :D

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information