ArcticClio182FF...Progress - Page 26

User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26

Thread: ArcticClio182FF...Progress

Ive just dropped my rear bumper off at the body shop for painting, im picking it up tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

What's up with the bumper. Would of though the front has got more damage.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WesBez Click here to enlarge
    What's up with the bumper. Would of though the front has got more damage.
    I had the front bumper and bonnet sprayed a couple of years a go mate so they are ok still.

The rear bumper had a couple of imperfections in the lacquer, it had a bit about 15mm by 15mm peel which has been gradually getting worse, everytime i washed it, it stood out like a sore thumb.

The paint will be more or less immaculate now apart from the odd stone chip on the bonnet, but that cant be helped when you are doing 160 behind M5's etc Click here to enlarge (on track) Click here to enlarge

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

I finally got round to replacing my rusty old arch screws for new black ones, i will be replacing the ones in the rear arches tomorrow too when i pick up my freshly painted bumper Click here to enlarge ..

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by MrTom; 10-08-2015 at 16:35.

So i picked up my bumper and fitted it yesterday after having it resprayed, heres a few pics of the car and the bumper i took this afternoon, im over the moon the exterior now apart from maybe some standard mint 182 wheels...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Beautiful really Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ricky_kaka3 Click here to enlarge
    Beautiful really Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Ricky Click here to enlarge

A quick update..

As some of you may have heard my car had a major oil leak through the cam seals in september which resulted in engine damage, Andy got his recovery man to pick it up on the 18th of september.

Click here to enlarge

Now because the bill was coming in at £1110 inc labour and a 2nd hand gearbox at £160, i told Andy to leave it until after xmas to start it as with xmas coming up etc i needed any savings for this and Andy needed the money for parts so i told him there was no immediate rush.

So i payed Andy for the parts on the 31st Dec to get cracking on with the rebuild, i got an email today saying he was waiting on the piston rings to turn up and hopefully they would be arriving today so he can crack on with building it all back up.

I also sent up a bottom ball joint for the nearside as this was the only advisory on the mot sheet, i have also told him to replace the outer cv boot on the far side driveshaft as this has a tiny split in and i want the car absolutely 100% perfect when i collect it.

So there we are, hopefully it wont be long and i will have my clio back with a sweet engine and a smooth gearbox ready to be detailed inside and out to bring it back to its former glory, i am also considering buying some mint original 182 alloys and selling the ultras and buying a new cup splitter to replace the temporary fabia one which replaced my cup one which mysteriously disappeared... OEM exterior FTW!!

Thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear Tom. Hopefully you'll have her in no time.

ArcticClio182FF...Progress

Gutted to see you've got an issue but good things to come from this I hope Click here to enlarge

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.

Ive missed it Click here to enlarge

So a quick update guys, i picked my car up from clioturbo a couple of weeks a go, its had a lot of new parts fitted in the engine including new rings, rods, cranshaft etc etc and also a replacement gearbox to replace the one that crunched into 3rd gear at high rpm.

The rev limit is at 4.5k rpm and its running low boost until i have run it in and had it mapped, i should be getting it mapped by EFI parts early next month when i have reached 500 or so running in miles.

I gave it a clean the other day, heres a few pics of how it stands atm, i cant wait to get it mapped!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

It looks really cool.
    I am glad to hear that you have had a full militek and it has saved you loads.
    It already looks clean but but if you have to clean it up again that will be awesome!
    Really enjoyed your progress thread.

Regards,
    Seyi

Cheers mate Click here to enlarge

A quick updates guys, i have been for the car mapping at EFI Parts in Runcorn today who really knows his stuff, it drives bloody brilliantly now and it feels much quicker than the figures show.

Its running 195 hp on gate pressure/low boost and 276.5hp and 263.8 lb/ft on high boost, i am only some injectors, pistons and rods away from 300hp+

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by MrTom; 10-04-2016 at 21:41.

Thread Information