Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Back in a vauxhall-Diesel power!!

4K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  josskl69 
#1 ·
So im Back too CorsaD with another Vauxhall not a corsa this time though this is my first Vauxhall It was a 1.2 facelift LE and all show no go really:

had a few cars now dabbled in ford, Peugeot and two seats. So while I was abroad working my wife had a 1.9tdi Ibiza fr to run around, now I loved how nippy it was but it was a pre-facelift so just didn't have the looks at all. So when I got back we had a hunt for something with 5drs ( baby on the way) diesel and then came across this Astra Cdti 150:

Car was immaculate inside and out, moonldand grey with 50k on the clock was an eldery gentleman that had owned it since new, came with full vxsh and all receipts, unfortunately every wheel was badly kurbed but nothing a refurb and powder coat wont fix

See less See more
#2 ·
New Wheels in Order i think

Decided to take the wheels of so I could give them a good clean and also so I could paint the discs and Calipers (excuse dirt only just taken the photo a week after doing them):

But while cleaning the wheels I noticed every single one had at least one dent with the front two being the worst with 2 or 3 dents:

Now I knew something was up because the car handled like c**p on the motorway and back roads but I'd put it down to a droplink/Arb so took it to a garage turns out all the suspensions fine so had to go to a tyre garage as the only other option was wheels/tracking. Found both front tyres were misshaped and badly cracked on the sidewalls, All 4 alloys are warped and dented, I could actually see the front wheels shaking the machine they were that badly warped, my mates dad who owns the place says there the most distorted wheels and tyres he's ever seen. So had to but two new tyres just to be on the safe side, had all wheel balanced correctly and had the tracking done which was ridiculous, front wheels were /-\ rear wheels were somehow \-\ now on the hunt for new wheels to get on payday.

#8 ·
New shoes fitted!

Post arrived this morning with four big boxes, couldn't wait to open them felt like a schoolboy at Christmas:

Then added two layers of rim guard before having to pay £50 to change the new tyres of my old alloys onto my new ones which was steeper than I expected but nvm:

Here they are all fitted colour looks loads better in the sun too:

Just needs some colored wheel nuts to finish them off I think.

#13 ·
Thanks mate
Wow them wheels look amazing!
cheers Im chuffed how they look too
Looking gd so far :thumbs:
How low you gonna go man?
Thanks tinted windows, private reg and painting the chrome next I think cant lower it as I wouldn't be able to get in and out the street and needs to be a practical family car too with our 1st baby on the way

Very nice wheels really suit it.
cheers buddy

#18 ·
Got some more bits done to the car and got a few things to come aswell
changed all interior bulbs to white SMD's

changed the number plate lights too, haven't got a pic of them fitted but here they are

Had the windows tinted too, gave the car its first good clean since the new alloys went on and typically it started to rain straight away after drying the car

#23 ·
been a while

so been really busy since i was last on had lots going on with the car and also the Mrs gave birth to our little boy alot earlier than expected.
so following on from getting the windows done.
Wrapped the rear boot strip in 3m carbon Di-Noc, also got a private reg for our anniversary:
got some hekos too but no point in a pic i think you all know what they are, then just as things were going ok it all went down hill...
car was kicked all down one side on both door handles and the rear quarter:

got a quote from a garage of £500 if i provide new doors also so managed to get hold of a pair of 2nd hand doors in good condition to be put on. Currently waiting on my mate to do the bodywork as i can get it done for half what i was originally quoted but hes busy at the moment so im going to just have to wait for now

#24 ·
So suprise suprise the gearbox has started to whine, which is so typical with everything else going on. Just found out im going to germany for 2 years in Jan so i need the car sorting as i dont want the gearbox blowing in the **** end of germany.
After talking to the Mrs we both decided to keep the car and fix it also adding a few goodies on the way, so been on the phone to Regal and its booked in for some goodies:
Gearbox Bearing Rebuild
Wavetrac LSD
Sachs Racing 240mm Astra Vxr Organic Drive Plate
Sachs Racing 240mm Astra Vxr Cover
Astra Vxr release bearing
LUK DMF
LUK crank to flywheel bolts
Cambelt Kit and water pump

Also got some steel wheels and winter tyres on order ready for the german roads.
Oh and still waiting to get the car in the bodyshop

#28 ·
So driving home yesterday and the battery light comes on, get home try to start the car agin and the battery is flat as a fart so you guessed it..... The alternator cacked it so £240 lighter and the cars now running again but the guy fitting it broke the wiper mechanism so now the passenger side wobbles all over the windscreen and does a naff job of wiping at the same time so I need to order a new one and get that fitted soon

#30 ·
Drove down to southampton yesterday which was a night mare in the rain with a broken wiper, set off at 2.30am and didnt get there til 9.20am thanks to the weather and traffic. So dropped her off and let regal do there thing:

then while shopping with the mrs we got talking and decided to add some more power aswell to make the most of the new clutch and diff, so rang regal back up and asked them if they could do that too, so on the sunday after changing the cambelt and water pump they removed the egr, decatted the exhaust and remapped the car just in time for us to get there as it whent on the rolling road:

more than happy with that, nice smooth power curve and the the car genuinly feels like a brand new car, its so much fun acually being able to put the extra power down. Cant thank regal enough they even fixed my windscreen wipers for me, even did little things like replace my old air filter replace all fluids and replaced the bracket holding the airbox free off charge without me even asking they even let me and my wife setup a temporary nursery feeding changing and sterilizing for our baby while we waited for the car so in my experience they were great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.