Vauxhall Corsa D Recall Thread - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall Corsa D Recall Thread

Took mine in for the clutch judder today and they are doing the abs control unit as well. 56 plate.
    Well I say as well thats assuming they don't try and still fob me off from doing the clutch still.

2. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

I just called vx to check and mines been recalled, its a 57 plate. Taking it on Monday for the work and there also gonna check my brake pads as i'm not too sure about them.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-12-2008 at 00:25.

mines being recalled miines Aug 07 Click here to enlarge

5. Remove Advertisements
    UKCorsa-D.com
    Advertisements

Mine was in on monday for the abs recall. Was told the complete abs unit was replaced.
    They said it would take approx 4 hours to complete.

Told them about clutch judder (Yet Again!!), Guess what, they said no fault found.
    Told them it was worse uphill, guess where they tested it.!!!

mine hasnt got a recall outstanding 57 plate (dec-07)

mines been recalled.57 plate

Recall - Rear Window Seal

Anyone else had a problem with the seal on the inside of their back window ?

The seal popped away on Thursday and has been hanging down ever since. I took the car to VX this morning and the guy told me he thought it was a 'recall' problem whereby the seal is too small and as soon as it pops off and you try and push it back on, it pops out somewhere else. Anyways they have to cut the seal and push it back on....

All is now OK (Touch wood)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by anthonyhall1987 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone else had a problem with the seal on the inside of their back window ?

The seal popped away on Thursday and has been hanging down ever since. I took the car to VX this morning and the guy told me he thought it was a 'recall' problem whereby the seal is too small and as soon as it pops off and you try and push it back on, it pops out somewhere else. Anyways they have to cut the seal and push it back on....

All is now OK (Touch wood)

i have same problem :S hmmm.. had my car a year and month now tho... willt he still fix??

Dom

i have the same problem aswell, look like another trip 2 the garage is on the cards! Click here to enlarge

My window seal has came off at the front passenger side.

I've only had mine a matter of weeks, its 07 plate

Didnt cost me a penny ....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom ReeveSXI Click here to enlarge
    Cheers, havent recieved anything yet so will just wait and see
    Dont wana try and nag ya or owt but the reason for the recall is because the abs ecu spontaniously combusts!!! I wouldnt wait n c becouse last time i had a bodyshop ont phone the car had set on fire and it was in for repair on insurance. I went and checked if it had been selected for a recall and it turned out the letter was sent out to the customer on THE DAY it set on fire! so they got it thru vauxhall warranties. cheers.

got mine done eventually, said it would on take an hour and would fne me wen it was dne, got a call 4 hours later sayin it was dne and a list of things they said i needed done, if i got it dne from them it was gonna be 240

My 1.2 sxi has just been called in for a recall on ABS and power steering! going in 27th!

my corsa d 1.3 cdti 56 plate just got recalled for a starter motor

Mines an 08 plate SXi. I phoned them about my rear window seal and noisy brakes. Left my corsa with Ballyrobert Vaux today and got it back in 2hrs. Brakes are sorted but i'm still not happy with the rear window seal, it's popping out on the corners, tbh it doesn't look like they done anything with it.

Ok, dont know if there is going to be a recall, but I certainly hope so. About 4 weeks ago my heater stopped working, so a booked my car into vauxhall and got them to look into it. I got told that they need to order in a new heater motor and they will give me a call once the part has comme in. 4 weeks down the line, I have been calling them constantly every 2/3 days and all I have been getting told is that the part has not come in yet, blah blah blah. So after countless arguments I went back to Vauxhall yesterday and spoke with the parts manager who told me that I am not the only one with this problem. Apparently there are 10 cars in total, in aberdeen waiting for the same part. Apparently this has become a common fault and Vauxhall are trying to rectify the problem. They have an expected delivery date which is from the week comencing 12th Jan.

I dont know if there will be a recall or not, I certainly hope there is as I have been freezing my backside off for the past 4 weeks.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AnisAhmed786 Click here to enlarge
    Ok, dont know if there is going to be a recall, but I certainly hope so. About 4 weeks ago my heater stopped working, so a booked my car into vauxhall and got them to look into it. I got told that they need to order in a new heater motor and they will give me a call once the part has comme in. 4 weeks down the line, I have been calling them constantly every 2/3 days and all I have been getting told is that the part has not come in yet, blah blah blah. So after countless arguments I went back to Vauxhall yesterday and spoke with the parts manager who told me that I am not the only one with this problem. Apparently there are 10 cars in total, in aberdeen waiting for the same part. Apparently this has become a common fault and Vauxhall are trying to rectify the problem. They have an expected delivery date which is from the week comencing 12th Jan.

I dont know if there will be a recall or not, I certainly hope there is as I have been freezing my backside off for the past 4 weeks.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. Click here to enlarge
    you are right mate!this problem is starting to become very fashionable.a new heater switch has been ordered for my wifes 2008

My heater is fu Click here to enlarge ed too, Although if i apply a little brut force and bang the dash it works again. I think i might just need to get it to Vauxhall though before i set off the airbags Click here to enlarge

my heaters stopped working last year and it needed a new unit put in had to go back twice becuase they gotit wro the first time, and now it works fyn ad only ad the car 6 months

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prettyflyguy Click here to enlarge
    My heater is fu Click here to enlarge ed too, Although if i apply a little brut force and bang the dash it works again. I think i might just need to get it to Vauxhall though before i set off the airbags Click here to enlarge
    haha, using the traditional technique. I like it...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by falloutdom Click here to enlarge
    i have same problem :S hmmm.. had my car a year and month now tho... willt he still fix??

Dom
    you should have a 2 year warranty from new

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mart1n Click here to enlarge
    my heaters stopped working last year and it needed a new unit put in had to go back twice becuase they gotit wro the first time, and now it works fyn ad only ad the car 6 months
    tell me what part did they replace exactly?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prettyflyguy Click here to enlarge
    seems to be a very common fault,ive noticed if you give the dash a bit of a bang to the left of the stereo display unit ,it will come on,and bloody hell it is cold out there at min.ive heard somewhere that this fault can cause wires to melt resulting in firesClick here to enlarge,surprised it has not become a recall tbh,ours has been doing it since brand new.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SXiCorsa Click here to enlarge
    Mines an 08 plate SXi. I phoned them about my rear window seal and noisy brakes. Left my corsa with Ballyrobert Vaux today and got it back in 2hrs. Brakes are sorted but i'm still not happy with the rear window seal, it's popping out on the corners, tbh it doesn't look like they done anything with it.
    What they do with brakes mate, Im sick of telling them about the noise on slowing down and all they say is all corsa's do it.

Thread Information