Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 220bhp, thats from the basic 1st stage remap regal already offer. obviously comes from the meriva as they share close similarity with the corsa vxr engine.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope me either. Hopefully missus will get her new job and i'll keep mine which means the credit card can get hammered ASAP.

Wont be any map though for while until its been thoroughly tested as i know the company test them for a long long time to make sure they're safe to release

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wont be that much from place i'm gonna get mine done and will be a better map too

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nope me either. Hopefully missus will get her new kob and i'll keep mine which means the credit card can get hammered ASAP.

Wont be any map though for while until its been thoroughly tested as i know the company test them for a long long time to make sure they're safe to release
lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
£500 aint expensive, knowing how much work goes into mapping a car correctly £650 i think is a touch high

i thought mapping was a two minute job? just moved some files about on a pc and plug it in :shrug:

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah more complex than that these days lots of RR and road testing involved

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
300bhp outta the corsa vxr would be phenominal but cost a fair few £££'s A LSD would be a deffinate need

·
Registered
5 Posts
300bhp outta the corsa vxr would be phenominal but cost a fair few £££'s A LSD would be a deffinate need
No.

The drivetrain couldnt cope.

Realistically without upgraading the gearbox/clutch/ drive shafts your looking at absolute max of 230bhp, and even then parts will be prone to early failure.

A chip adjusts the fueling to the turbo making it work harder and longer.

30bhp on top of what the car should throw out is a hell of a lot of stress on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No.

The drivetrain couldnt cope.

Realistically without upgraading the gearbox/clutch/ drive shafts your looking at absolute max of 230bhp, and even then parts will be prone to early failure.

A chip adjusts the fueling to the turbo making it work harder and longer.

30bhp on top of what the car should throw out is a hell of a lot of stress on the rest of the car.
a chip doesnt adjust fuel to the turbo, do you know how a turbo works? not linked to fuel at all, the turbo runs on exhaust gases

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would be mint tho if sum1 does it and they prob will
keep ya eyes peeled cos i know a company that has 2 corsa vxrs on order one of them is to be a race car and i know its gonna get tuned to fook :yippe:

Their other car is also gonne get tuned but more to what people can have thiers tuned to ie maps suspension exhausts etc but form what they did to their last car it will be special

1 - 20 of 35 Posts