Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really pulling my hair out about this Corsa I bought privately 2 weeks ago. Basically, I was driving home from work and the car went into limp mode. Following this the car would turn over but not start, if I were to charge the battery for an hour the car would then start (as i said the car would turn over before) so confused to why it would start after the battery had been charged, when car was plugged in there was no issue with the voltage from alternator and battery. I had the car plugged in and faults picked up were Capacity of voltage, fuel filter and 02 heater sensor, fuel filter was changed. Took it to a garage and the guy diagnosed why the car was getting put into limp mode - because the waste gate had seized. But can this cause the car not to start? I am going to try and sort out the waste gate and see if this sorts it but from my research it shouldn't have anything to do with the car starting. Any ideas or tips are welcome!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So it's a diesel.
Is it the 1.3 by any chance?
If it is then it is highly likely the EGR valve is sticking open, which will cause hard starting.
Don't think the 1.3 has a wastegate but uses a VNT turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's a diesel.
Is it the 1.3 by any chance?
If it is then it is highly likely the EGR valve is sticking open, which will cause hard starting.
Don't think the 1.3 has a wastegate but uses a VNT turbo.
Yeah mate diesel 1.3, it's with someone at the garage atm who cant figure out why it's not starting lol he told me the waste gate has seized but that shouldn't be causing it not to start. But when the car went into limp mode this is when the problem arised so cant help to think its linked..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts