Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking round this site and a few people have said that you can get a 1.2 to over 110 hp with regal, this sounds very enticing, and I wanted to know if this was true or not, as it is something I would want to do but obviously not destroy my engine in the process

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Just exercise a bit of caution as assuming you’ve a earlier 1.2 at 80 bhp another 30 bhp is going to make everything else sweat a bit, as you’re getting nearly half as much power again going through the gearbox and tyres not to mention the suspension. Unless you’re uprating the suspension wheels and tyres I’d be cautious of putting that much more power down to the tarmac on standard components. Even if it’s a later engine it’s still a big jump in power although saying that if it is newer you might get away with it. The guys to speak to are the guys that do it, regal, and see what their advice is. Be good to know what you find out and decide to have done as I have a 1.2 sxi on a facelift one

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trying to squeeze another 30bhp out of the 1.2? Hope you have deep pockets haha they are not worth the money you'll spend on them. Invest in something closer to the figure or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts