Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 1.3dti Design and it seems possesed.
Bought it as a non runner (well My old fella did) it's mint inside, now i'm guessing why it's not moved for four years.
My old man is the mechanic and so far he's:
Changed timing chain
MAF sensor
Fitted a recon ABS unit
Crank angle sensor
He's played with waste gate
We got it to the MOT centre and it passed
It keeps cutting out (not all the time, but some and refusing to Rev above 3000 revs(when warmed sufficientl). The Managment light comes on, but does go off again if turned off (Car, turned off, not light).
Code reader gives P0299, but that goes away at the drop of a hat.
Any ideas, bearing mind my old fella will not give in on this and take to a garage. He thinks car is alive and hates him.
It's out of tax and on the first I'll Tax, and he's gonna stick some Fuel additive (Wynns) in and Run about for a month see if that helps. Any ideas recommendations. Please I do not need to hear about anything fancy or too involved. We may yet convert to Petrol , using 2 gallons and a match ;). Apologies ,I'm a newb at this go easy

·
Registered
525 Posts
You need to check the potential water bath under the scuttle panel to see if the ECU has been sat in water for months as i said in your other thread, the video in the link explains it all.

This is part of the first post in the thread -

On the 1.3 diesel models the drain holes under the scuttle panel block with leaves etc (see below) and the ECU then sits in a water bath water eventually gets inside and destroys the ECU so get those drain holes cleared and keep your fingers crossed its not too late.

The cost of a new ECU is over £1000 and you cannot simply buy one on eBay as it will not work, you can get the damaged one repaired but again you are talking hundreds of pounds if it is repairable.

For more details read the full thread below -

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to check the potential water bath under the scuttle panel to see if the ECU has been sat in water for months as i said in your other thread, the video in the link explains it all.

This is part of the first post in the thread -

On the 1.3 diesel models the drain holes under the scuttle panel block with leaves etc (see below) and the ECU then sits in a water bath water eventually gets inside and destroys the ECU so get those drain holes cleared and keep your fingers crossed its not too late.

The cost of a new ECU is over £1000 and you cannot simply buy one on eBay as it will not work, you can get the damaged one repaired but again you are talking hundreds of pounds if it is repairable.

For more details read the full thread below -
Anyone know of a decent place to get ECU tested ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts