1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few questions...

Is it worth doing?
How much are they to do on average?
Do you have to declare it on the insurance?
Is a tuning box better?

Cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yes it's worth doing
£400 ish
Not sure how much tuning boxes are but you can do it yourself and remove if needed

And yes insurance would need to know

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
They might know about the box. Some people say that Vx can read the ECU to see if its had something put on it. You can always take the box off as its a 5 min job to install or remove.

On a box on the 1.3 75 you should get about 100bhp & 270nm up from 75 & 190nm. The 95bhp model 116bhp & 250nm up from 95bhp & 190nm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get a map mate, im hard saving for mine although I have other mods I need before I map it
What do you declare it as on your insurance? I just tried on LV and it said they wouldn't insure me! : (

Just browsing at the minute but I want to make the car a bit quicker.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They might know about the box. Some people say that Vx can read the ECU to see if its had something put on it. You can always take the box off as its a 5 min job to install or remove.

On a box on the 1.3 75 you should get about 100bhp & 270nm up from 75 & 190nm. The 95bhp model 116bhp & 250nm up from 95bhp & 190nm
Cheers mate!

Do you have the box on yours? and did you declare it on the insurance?

·
Registered
489 Posts
You can detect a box or a remap even if removed. It's all stored in the solid state part of the ecu. So yes you will need to declare to insurance.

In answer to is a 1.3 worth remapping I'd say yes as the turbo will work across the rev range not just between 2000-3000 rpm range

·
Registered
515 Posts
promap tuning are up your neck of the wood's and i can highly recommend them, the guys are mates of mine and have mapped my car and a good few of my mates car's too

http://www.promaptuning.co.uk/

1st car in there gallery is my vectra and the black AUDI was custom mapped for a mate of mine, that car is unreal !!!

defo tell ins your car has been mapped but tell them it's for economy !!

hth

·
Registered
252 Posts
Regal autosport remap 1.3CDTi (75bhp) which yes includes diesel LE's. It costs around £410 inclusive of rolling road print outs and it puts the output up to 120bhp and increases mpg whilst driving sensibly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts