Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right might get a 1.4sxi a/c for the missus and just wanted people views who own them......if there is anyone :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Right might get a 1.4sxi a/c for the missus and just wanted people views who own them......if there is anyone :lol:
Don't own one, but I test drove a 1.4 and then a 1.3 CDTI 90 straight after and to be honest the 1.4 felt gutless, the 1.3CDTI 90 is a much better option in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basically she needs a run around to get too and from work, i have the performance car to get to and from work :lol:

She can only afford to insure the 1.4 otherwise i'd say go for the SRi. ANd she really doesnt want a diesel

·
Registered
258 Posts
At the end of the day it will still be a corsa so will be a decent car!The 1.4 is the best of a bad bunch though suppose you could be looking at a 1.0!! :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
1.4 is absolutely DIRE! although all the women i know that have one love them,
Such objectivity ! Not even "the 1.4 I drove was dire because...."

I just love people who drive a car for 30 mins on a test/ as a hire car and automatically define it as crap. My brother had a 1.8 T Golf GTI which he described as dire, as a company car which to all intents and purposes should have been decent..... but like all hire/company cars, the mileage was massive and it had been thrashed, and wasnt very well looked after sooo...

/rant over

From someone who actually has a 1.4 Auto and drives it on a daily basis... its not THAT bad. I guess I'll have to put a few more miles on it to properly bed it in, but then the same is true of most cars. MPG is good, (will probably be better with a manual) just got 42.4 the other day on a 55 mile journey.... seems to go quick enough if I poke it, and is extremely refined and unstressed (quiet too!) at motorway speeds. I paid extra for the plus pack which added climate control and Cruise control (as well as the Graphical display and trip computer) which are excellent What more do you want to know lol?

And before anyone asks... It was either the 1.4 Auto or a 1.2 easytronic (which I have heard is even nastier!) for me as I can't drive a Manual, nor could I afford to move up to an Astra so the 1.4 won hands down.:doublethumbs:

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
tj ive got a 1.2 as you know and thats a nice drive i know its not your :love: vxr but i think thats a good drive.

when doing top speed its not a done shaker take one for a test drive but you dont drive it you'l hat it :lol: not fast enough.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wont be me having to drive it :lol: but i hav eheard the 1.2 is really under powered and dont think she wants anything lower than 1.4.

what kinda deals did people get on theirs?

·
Registered
66 Posts
well I paid £99 deposit and £450 for the option pack so £549 all in.... and of course the mobility component of my Disability allowance for the next three years (and then I get a new one) works out at about £5500 over the lease period I think, although at the moment I am guessing since I don't have the figures in front of me.

I guess I don't count though lol, as I haven't actually 'bought' the car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Such objectivity ! Not even "the 1.4 I drove was dire because...."

I just love people who drive a car for 30 mins on a test/ as a hire car and automatically define it as crap. My brother had a 1.8 T Golf GTI which he described as dire, as a company car which to all intents and purposes should have been decent..... but like all hire/company cars, the mileage was massive and it had been thrashed, and wasnt very well looked after sooo...

/rant over

From someone who actually has a 1.4 Auto and drives it on a daily basis... its not THAT bad. I guess I'll have to put a few more miles on it to properly bed it in, but then the same is true of most cars. MPG is good, (will probably be better with a manual) just got 42.4 the other day on a 55 mile journey.... seems to go quick enough if I poke it, and is extremely refined and unstressed (quiet too!) at motorway speeds. I paid extra for the plus pack which added climate control and Cruise control (as well as the Graphical display and trip computer) which are excellent What more do you want to know lol?

And before anyone asks... It was either the 1.4 Auto or a 1.2 easytronic (which I have heard is even nastier!) for me as I can't drive a Manual, nor could I afford to move up to an Astra so the 1.4 won hands down.:doublethumbs:

cheers

Andy
Well i had a 1.4 for a month and given i drive 60 miles a day i figure that gives me a fairly decent scope of what the car is like. I have driven the 1.2 for a week over the same distances and that is something i wouldnt wish on anyone. THIS IS ALL MY PERSONAL OPINION which i believe is what was asked for. I currently have the 1.3 90ps and it is just about bareable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I didn't know you had it for a month mate, my apologies, wasn't meant to be a personal dig :woops: :(
Although as you do quite rightly point out - it could be a 1.0... so I guess there's an upside to everything :twisted:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i drive a 1.4 sxi auto aswell but only got 200 miles on the clock so need to wait to comment properly. nice looking car though ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts