Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i got one of these cars as my 1.7 CDTi SRi is in vx as its got this cold idling problem.. :roll:

Right just something i have noticed about the engine is it seems to rev upto about 6,700rmp.. not the 6,500rmp that they do in the C's?!

has anyone noticed this at all?!

Also the handbrake, its strong enough to stop the wheels going round when on the move.. that i found out when my mate pulled it up when i was going along, needless to say i have never come across a C that does that :\

I actually really like the new D, just a shame they didnt give me a derv to drive instead though :(
But this 1.4 is much better suited to the car then the 1.2 engine i had last time :lol: and i been driving about and did 50odd miles and the needle barely moved :| so it does give good mpg if driven sensibly.. :lol:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I'm impressed with the handbrake on the D too. I put it on randomly while driving (There was no one about, as it was about 1am), and it handled pretty well, and even managed to do some skid marks, where as in the C, it would have kept driving! :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a 1.4 design 5 dr and it was god awful 4000 miles on it and it wouldnt of pulled you outta bed. Needless to say i drove the knackers off it but was only gettin 210 miles to the tank. not good when you drive 60 miles a day. the handbrake was really good on it as well, easily got the tail end out in the muck!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the thing is im proper impressed with the handbrake.. :p

left loads of marks about :lol: though did hit a kerb when i stopped.. :\

and i got 112 out of the engine.. rev'd out in every gear apart from 5th.. where it was up near 6K

Though got back into my C.. well needless to say it shows how gutless it is as i couldnt drive my C properly this morning :lol:
so much torque and power :|

·
Registered
66 Posts
112 :censor: ! Lol I have a 1.4 Sxi, its an Auto tho, seems to run out of steam (or I ran out of bottle! - Speed Cameras lol) at about 90 ish, Book says 107 max for manual and 103 for the auto so 112 is rather impressive!

How many miles did your 1.4 have on it ?

Yeah I've noticed, mine's a bit of a rev monster too! The 'kickdown' on the autobox is sweet 8)

And If I don't have my lead boot on the MPG is good too (40.9 on a 55 mile trip last week :yummy:)

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts