Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been talking to a company about getting my car remapped by them,
they've told me an estimated figure that they think my car would achieve so i'm just wondering what others would think my car would achieve with the modifications that i've had done.
Full de-cat turbo back exhaust system
cone air filter
cool running thermostat
uprated samco engine hoses

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to regal then. Depends how cheap this place was, but. Put a intercooler on at go strait to stage 3 245-250bhp

Sent from a monkey in a lab using Tapatalk
Does an intercooler have to be mapped in?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
No, a intercooler will help anyway, as when you run more boost, you get more exhaust flow, which makes your turbo hotter, which makes your boost hotter, which restricts the power you can get, a bigger more free flowing intercooler will give you colder boost which is more powerful boost. ;).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, a intercooler will help anyway, as when you run more boost, you get more exhaust flow, which makes your turbo hotter, which makes your boost hotter, which restricts the power you can get, a bigger more free flowing intercooler will give you colder boost which is more powerful boost. ;).

Yeahh i understand the basic concept of an intercooler, more air flow means more :lmao:
i'm planning on getting one in the next few months but i'll be getting my car mapped beforehand :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Depends what rollers you go on... Only way of getting a semi-reliable idea of how much extra bhp you get is to roll before and after on the same rollers...

You can say you got 236bhp with just changing the exhaust and filter but go on 5 different rolling roads and you will get different figures each time depending on the rollers, temperature and humidity

·
Registered
884 Posts
I had 235bhp at stage 3
I had a panel filter, tx intercooler, precat decat, full turbo back with 200 cell sports cat. (2.5")

That's with regal btw.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'd be happy with anything between 220/225bhp tbh, unsure whether i wana stretch any further without an upgraded FMIC
It's booked in on tuesday so i'll post back with results :highfive:

·
Registered
197 Posts
It depends on the rollers your car is run on..

My car was mapped at Htec Elite, their rollers displayed 215BHP and 266FT/lbs. Stage 1.

My car was faster than SOME Regal and MPG tuned Stage 3 Corsa's, (I have GoPRO footage). This is because Regal and MPG add transmission losses onto the dyno printout. So realistically, what is 245bhp at Regal/MPG is actually 225'ish anywhere else where they don't add transmission losses.

So 215BHP isn't bad, presuming they have a dyno which doesn't add losses.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts