Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

im trying to put from fog lights In my daughters car (it’s the Basic model wires missing all over the place).

so far I have run a wire from the fog light switch pin9 to pin 30 bcm. Sorted out the engine fuse box put in what was missing n

now in the different connector block
Pin 3 trigger wire I call it that poxy wire is missing also.
So how can I get under the fuse box. To run a wire from pin 3 bcm to the fuse box?.
I’m sure how to lift it up and get in to it.

I have also set the bcm with opcom and set it on for the fog lights.
D4B58183-D1D8-4823-9BE7-B47AB984E36D.jpeg

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is how it supposed to be like
I had a look at a different Corsa d with fog lights.
So I need to get into the fuse box.
Hi did you manage it bud, I am trying to do it as well but the tutorial I seen was pin 8 on head light switch to pin pin 30 bcm plug, I am looking everywhere for a guide to add the wire between fusebox and bcm but I can't find one anywhere, everybody seems to say this is the fault but no one has actually showed how yo do it, TIA for any help regarding this 😊

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well this seems to be a common retrofit, I am also having the same issue at the engine compartment fusebox, there’s no easy way to get under it to add the wires for the relay and fuse, I hacked one off at the scrappies, so know where all the wires connect to, I think best bet is to fit the wiring from the relay to the required locations and attach relay to the outside of the fusebox.
I have a wee uneducated wiring diagram of where each wire needs to go (if anyone needs it)
I didn’t know there was an additional wire required on the inside of the car from the light switch to the bcm, if anyone can post info of where from and where to would be great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well this seems to be a common retrofit, I am also having the same issue at the engine compartment fusebox, there’s no easy way to get under it to add the wires for the relay and fuse, I hacked one off at the scrappies, so know where all the wires connect to, I think best bet is to fit the wiring from the relay to the required locations and attach relay to the outside of the fusebox.
I have a wee uneducated wiring diagram of where each wire needs to go (if anyone needs it)
I didn’t know there was an additional wire required on the inside of the car from the light switch to the bcm, if anyone can post info of where from and where to would be great.
Pin 8 on headlight switch and pin 30 on bcm plug that's behind the fuses not the one at the top if your lying looking up from footwell, once you remove plug covers the actual plug has small numbers you can tell from looking at each side

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is that the same plug (behind the fuses that the extra wire for the cruise control goes)? The disconnected plug on pic one of your last reply?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mojorfc can I ask how you installed the relay in the fusebox in the engine compartment? I’m tempted just to wire it in from above but think even though it will work, it will look messy, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi all

im trying to put from fog lights In my daughters car (it’s the Basic model wires missing all over the place).

so far I have run a wire from the fog light switch pin9 to pin 30 bcm. Sorted out the engine fuse box put in what was missing n

now in the different connector block
Pin 3 trigger wire I call it that poxy wire is missing also.
So how can I get under the fuse box. To run a wire from pin 3 bcm to the fuse box?.
I’m sure how to lift it up and get in to it.

I have also set the bcm with opcom and set it on for the fog lights.
View attachment 20010 View attachment 20010
Hi fire1342
Hope you can answer a couple of questions to help me on my way to fitting the missing wires for front fog lights,
1. You said you sorted out the engine fusebox and put in what was missing...what wires did you add and where do they connect from/to?

2. You mentioned pin 3 trigger wire (that poxy wire) can you tell me where that wire is supposed to run from/to

Hope you are able to help.
Thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mojorfc can I ask how you installed the relay in the fusebox in the engine compartment? I’m tempted just to wire it in from above but think even though it will work, it will look messy, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just drilled a hole in the fusebox close to where I needed it and just put the wire in the 85 pin and stuck the relay in as there is no moving parts to disturb it unless you take the relay out lol, hope this helps mate,

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just drilled a hole in the fusebox close to where I needed it and just put the wire in the 85 pin and stuck the relay in as there is no moving parts to disturb it unless you take the relay out lol, hope this helps mate,

There may be trouble ahead. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
250 Posts
What a fkn joke eh? 🤣🤣 the two each side of the centre are supposed to light up, all the other ones light up when you switch lights on why not the two in the middle🤬🤬

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
When you say pin 85.... is that the other end of the relay? Into the big multi plug at the top right of the fusebox (see photo) what slot did you put the wire into the relay?

·
Registered
250 Posts
No pin 85 is the number for where you put the wire in the relay and the other end goes into pin 3 on bcm (bottom left plug)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts