Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently bought a 2009 Corsa 1.4 which has a strange problem when I start it from cold.

When I first start it it won’t select gears until I dip the clutch a couple of times then all is fine for the rest of the day. Start it the next morning and the same problem occurs.

Hoping this is a simple fix. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Stuart

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like air in the hydraulics. Ive seen this a few times and its always been the slave cylinder. Unfortunately its a gearbox out job to replace it which is a big job. Did you buy it from a dealer or private.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought privately. Seems strange that the problem only occurs first thing in the morning then is fine the rest of the day!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bought privately. Seems strange that the problem only occurs first thing in the morning then is fine the rest of the day!
When you have driven it you have pumped the pedal when it sits overnight the pedal becomes spongy again and you have to pump it again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
All the ones ive seen do this eventually ended up with a puddle of fluid under the gearbox eventually. New slave fixed them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts