Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My 1.3 CDTI has developed a fault. Pretty much I have left it parked up for 2 weeks. When i have gone to use it the ABS light is on and the fuel gauge and the speedo are not working. Code scan carried out showing both front ABS sensors and a speed sensor code?? I understand the ABS sensors send the signal for the speedo so i can see why these faults could be related, but why the fuel gauge? Also why would 2 sensors fail when been parked for 2 weeks?

I have not had the car long and noticed on the last MOT it failed on 50% brake in balance. I know ( Fitted them before) these are known for ABS pumps so it may have had one of them recently. My wife put a post on a Facebook group and some are suggesting the ECU?? I hope to god not!! I know they are common but hoping for some insight before jumping straight at the ECU. I will check the fuses etc, but anyone any idea which fuses it could be?? and anything else to check.

II usually stay Ford and bought this as a cheap run around so i have more understanding with Ford. I have searched and found others with the issue but not really an answer

I know longer have Vaux Comm but have a Delphi Diagnostics which does support live. Not sure which functions yet on a Vauxhall until I plug it in

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,245 Posts
Unfortunately corsas like their abs pumps, it was a design fault that vx never really admitted to having, if you search on here there is someone that mended theirs, not sure of the method or how long it lasted but it’s worth a try for a couple of hours with the shifting key, then it might be time to free the corsa 😆

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just sorted the same problem .... Scary stories about the module ... I found the following after the Speedo ...fuel guage stopped and and abs warning lights came on

Did a continuity check between the abs plug and the big multi plug on the module .... No continuity on one wheel sensor ... One wire only on the other ... Traced the cables ...under the inner arch covers and Under the wiper. Cover at to he bottom of the wind screen ..
found broken cables left and right by the bonnet hinges ..no idea how they broke ..but a quick heat shrink and solder the car was back in action ... Including Speedo and fuel guage ....hope this helps future readers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just sorted the same problem .... Scary stories about the module ... I found the following after the Speedo ...fuel guage stopped and and abs warning lights came on

Did a continuity check between the abs plug and the big multi plug on the module .... No continuity on one wheel sensor ... One wire only on the other ... Traced the cables ...under the inner arch covers and Under the wiper. Cover at to he bottom of the wind screen ..
found broken cables left and right by the bonnet hinges ..no idea how they broke ..but a quick heat shrink and solder the car was back in action ... Including Speedo and fuel guage ....hope this helps future readers
Hi Roy, did you take any pictures of whereabouts the cables were broken? Do I have to remove wheen arch covers or wipers cover to get to the cables?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Roy, did you take any pictures of whereabouts the cables were broken? Do I have to remove wheen arch covers or wipers cover to get to the cables?
.. hi Ben ...no photos I'm afraid .... I removed the inner plastic arches to get some slack on the cables .... You'll have to remove the wipers and the cover under them .... Each side in my case you'll see where the cable loom enters the wing areas .... My breaks were right at that point ... Looks like the bonnet hinges may have cut into them overtime

·
Registered
3 Posts
.. hi Ben ...no photos I'm afraid .... I removed the inner plastic arches to get some slack on the cables .... You'll have to remove the wipers and the cover under them .... Each side in my case you'll see where the cable loom enters the wing areas .... My breaks were right at that point ... Looks like the bonnet hinges may have cut into them overtime
Thank you very much Roy. Will have a dig sometime this week if the weather is not bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have done the left side but the cables are fine all the way, have to take out the wipers to check the right side now, thought would be the left side. Were yours broken both sides, left & right?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts