Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've owned my 2010 corsa SE 1.4 petrol auto for 18 months now. Just wondered if I can have some advice.

From day 1 the car has felt very slow and under powered. It revs high, holds onto gears too long and rolls back on hills.

Not sure if this is just normal for these cars or if I've actually got an issue.

Many thanks for any help 😊

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Have you accidentally pressed the winter button, should be a ❄ symbol near the gear lever, either that or you need to press the sport button, although I don’t know if there is one on your corsa. When was the car last serviced or has it got some miles on it because I suspect if it has a few on it may be a worn transmission, after all it is 10 years old and even at 12,000 miles a year, that’s 120,000 miles it’s done, if you’re not the first owner, you don’t know if it’s been run short of oil or abused in the past, that won’t help it. On a lighter note, it may just need topping up with oil in the transmission

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It's not the winter button as it switches off everytime the car is turned off, and I haven't got a sport button. Car is on 46,000 miles. It was serviced not long ago and the levels are fine. I actually hope something is wrong with it, and it's just not this slow 😂

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Suppose only other thing to do is go and try another 1.4 auto, perhaps from a garage. I’m assuming you need a automatic rather than just wanting one, because it was always a case of front wheel drive 10% of the engine power went rear wheel drive 20% loss 4wheel drive 45% automatic 30% all through ‘transmission drag’ the power that gets lost going to the road in other words. Given yours is a 1.4 so based on the newer corsa, that’s 90 bhp, 10% is 9 bhp so 3 times that is 27 bhp leaves 63bhp. Take a 1.2 manual gearbox at 80bhp even if you say 15% 8+4 bhp(12 in total) is still 68 bhp, 5 more than what you have, then there’s the tax on yours to think about, and the fuel extra, I’m a right ray of sunshine today aren’t I? 😝 I need to go and lie down in a dark room now with some 🐳 🎶

1 - 4 of 4 Posts