Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My son has a 2011 1.3 CDTi Ecoflex with low mileage (72K) that has an intermittent staring issue. I fitted a new battery soon after buying it as it was past it. At that time I did get error codes from OBD and the fault light came on (I only have a basic Genband reader but it always read plenty of codes from the Peugeot I had to buy it for!!!) but now I don't get any error codes. It appears to be when the weather turns colder, normally in the morning when it won't start. It can be that it does not start (turns over fine) for several attempts and then starts fine the next?! Any things to look at? I've read about sticking throttle valve but not sure if that applies to this model?

Engine Type Z13DTJ

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Glow plugs? Don’t know the 1.3 cdti but all the diesels I’ve had it’s a sign of cold weather that it’s the glow plugs need changing. Shouldn’t be too bad a job if you’ve the spanner’s to do it yourself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Wouldn't that we a consistent issue when it is cold? As I say, it is intermittent. Some days fine, other it won't start, sometimes it won't start first turn but then goes the next!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts